Re: do we have any seed data for mocking scrap data?

Yuen-Chi Lian

Jul 22, 2012, 10:11:32 AM7/22/12
to Fadhli Rahim, Sinar Project, Sau Sheong Chang
Hi mate,

Things are here right now, have a look:

  https://github.com/Sinar/Zelus
  https://github.com/Sinar/Zelus-Sample

Sau Sheong will be committing more code, I will take some time to pick up - so will just be writing specs for now.

Next = more APIs and some important refactoring

Yuen-Chi Lian | www.yclian.com
"I do not seek; I find." - Pablo Picasso

2012/7/16 Yuen-Chi Lian <m...@yclian.com>
It was actually the original focus. But as some new stake holders introduced, it moved my focus away from the original intention (to be data oriented).

Now am happy again.

On 7/16/2012 17:51, Fadhli Rahim wrote:
Hi,

If it's going to be focus on just API then probably Sinatra is a good choice. I think it's much more simpler and lighter. I'll just wait for you guys to decide.

Sent from my phone,
Fadhli Rahim

On Jul 16, 2012, at 4:37 PM, Yuen-Chi Lian <m...@yclian.com> wrote:

Sorry,

Just saw your pull request, will review on it tonight. :)

Sau Seong, another dev who wants to contribute will be moving this to Sinatra. I find it hard to resist but we shall see how much he can pull out in short time. If all things are good, we could just move over there.

Btw, the app is no longer UI focus - we had a discussion with another body (UndiMalaysia) that's contributing with volunteers to fill data, Kratos' role is thus changed, it will be a glue app and with a main focus of API data only.

Join us on IRC if you can, hang around there. :)

On 7/16/2012 16:23, Yuen-Chi Lian wrote:
Hi,

Have you already started work on this? We may be moving to Sinatra for some experiment.

You familiar with it?

On 7/13/2012 18:36, Fadhli Rahim wrote:
Thanks.

Sent from my phone,
Fadhli Rahim

On Jul 13, 2012, at 6:32 PM, Yuen-Chi Lian <m...@yclian.com> wrote:

Check the HACKING.md, you can import YAML dumps.

--
Yuen-Chi Lian | www.yclian.com
"I do not seek; I find." - Pablo Picasso

--
Yuen-Chi Lian | www.yclian.com
"I do not seek; I find." - Pablo Picasso

--
Yuen-Chi Lian | www.yclian.com
"I do not seek; I find." - Pablo Picasso

Sau Sheong Chang

Jul 22, 2012, 11:57:06 AM7/22/12
to sinar-...@googlegroups.com, Fadhli Rahim, Sau Sheong Chang
Documentation is very sparse right now, so the best way to see how to use the APIs is to look at the list of APIs and also check out the sample web app. It's a fully functional one, which I've also deployed to Heroku.

Check out:

Really simple functionality though.

Khairil Yusof

Jul 22, 2012, 8:43:30 PM7/22/12
to sinar-...@googlegroups.com, Fadhli Rahim, Sau Sheong Chang
MyMP could be used as a test case. It has a bunch of structured and unstructured (html richtext) fields and also binary blobs (portraits).

Maybe email, social urls and portrait first?

I would probably need a UID from Zelus?

How should I expose the data?

Regards

Sau Sheong Chang

Jul 22, 2012, 8:52:27 PM7/22/12
to sinar-...@googlegroups.com, Fadhli Rahim, Sau Sheong Chang
I'll send you an API key. It's very simple, just place ?api_key=<key I will send you> at the end of the URL in a GET or add it as a key-value parameter in the POST. You don't actually need it for GETs but if you do, you can track who's been using the APIs.

The list of APIs is in http://zelus.herokuapp.com/docs/apidocs

You can check out the sample app in GitHub (https://github.com/Sinar/Zelus-Sample) or the demo'ed version in Heroku (http://zelus-app.herokuapp.com).

Sorry the documentation is very poor at the moment, I'm going to fix that over the week or so.

Khairil Yusof

Jul 22, 2012, 9:25:28 PM7/22/12
to sinar-...@googlegroups.com, Fadhli Rahim, Sau Sheong Chang
Thanks. Will try to have a go this week to update a representative from crowd sourced data of MyMP.

Yuen-Chi Lian

Jul 22, 2012, 10:24:50 PM7/22/12
to sinar-...@googlegroups.com, Sau Sheong Chang, Fadhli Rahim

On UID, are we reusing what we defined in Kratos earlier?

As e are using Heroku, don't think we have enough $ for portrait storage. Will need to do done work on S3?

Sau Sheong Chang

Jul 22, 2012, 10:52:49 PM7/22/12
to sinar-...@googlegroups.com, Sau Sheong Chang, Fadhli Rahim
I'm re-using the same UUID as before.

Storing pics on S3 not an issue. Just give me an account and I'll stuff them in :)

Yuen-Chi Lian

Jul 22, 2012, 11:34:18 PM7/22/12
to sinar-...@googlegroups.com
Hi SS,

> I'm re-using the same UUID as before.

Ah, okay.

> Storing pics on S3 not an issue. Just give me an account and I'll
> stuff them in :)

Great. :) I have an S3 account (that I got just a few weeks ago as I
wanted to start on this feature). How can I make you to make use of it?

Sau Sheong Chang

Jul 23, 2012, 2:27:01 AM7/23/12
to sinar-...@googlegroups.com, m...@yclian.com
Pass me the AWS access key and secret (send in a separate email or something) and I can add it in. I would also need u to create a bucket and pass me the name of the bucket. All files would be stored in the bucket.

Sau Sheong Chang

Jul 23, 2012, 8:24:34 AM7/23/12
to sinar-...@googlegroups.com, m...@yclian.com
I've placed the documentation in the GitHub repo instead of a separate site.