RADIUS_ACCESS_CHALLENGE

Jon D Rodder

May 10, 2018, 9:06:54 PM5/10/18
to SimpleSAMLphp
Hello all.  I'm trying to use an Azure MFA server via RADIUS as my auth source for SimpleSAMLphp.  It works great for MFA methods that don't require a challenge/response via RADIUS.  SimpleSAMLphp throws an error for MFA methods such as TOTP OATH token that require a challenge and response.  Looking at the code, I see:
            case RADIUS_ACCESS_CHALLENGE:
                throw new Exception('Radius authentication error: Challenge requested, but not supported.');

Is this because no one has gotten around to implementing RADIUS_ACCESS_CHALLENGE, or is there some inherent reason this won't work with SimpleSAMLphp?

I looked at privacyIDEA's SimpleSAMLphp which implements a type of challenge/response for their own protocol, but wanted to see if I could get a sanity check before I try to write something similar for the RADIUS.

Tim van Dijen

May 14, 2018, 3:01:24 AM5/14/18
to SimpleSAMLphp
Hey Jon,

Looking at the file and it's history. I think no one has ever gotten around it...
Your contribution would obviously be very much appreciated!

- Tim