ECP Client

tom.k...@stfc.ac.uk

Apr 7, 2015, 10:42:48 AM4/7/15
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

   I am quite new to simplesamlphp and i have followed the steps here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/simplesamlphp/4jmK_VVhyiM and here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/simplesamlphp/vdLBhPboro4 to install the patches to enable ECP support on simplesaml.

   However, I am struggling to get SimpleSAML to work with ECP, I have tried the client here http://www.cilogon.org/ecp

   The error I get is
Apr 07 15:20:45 simplesamltest ERROR [210b9bc34a] Caused by: Exception: Unable to find the current binding.

    I have tried the endpoints

tom.k...@stfc.ac.uk

Apr 7, 2015, 11:36:30 AM4/7/15
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Made some more progress now get this errror

SimpleSAML_Error_BadRequest: BADREQUEST('%REASON%' => 'Missing SAMLResponse or SAMLart parameter.')

On Tuesday, 7 April 2015 15:42:48 UTC+1, tom.k...@stfc.ac.uk wrote:
Hi All,

   I am quite new to simplesamlphp and i have followed the steps here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/simplesamlphp/4jmK_VVhyiM and hee https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/simplesamlphp/vdLBhPboro4 to install the patches to enable ECP support on simplesaml.

   However, I am struggling to get SimpleSAML to work with ECP, I have tried the client here http://www.cilogon.org/ecp

   The error I get is
Apr 07 15:20:45 simplesamltest ERROR [210b9bc34a] Caused by: Exception: Unable to find the current binding.

    I have tried the endpoints

Jaime Perez Crespo

Apr 10, 2015, 4:32:43 AM4/10/15
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

> On 07 Apr 2015, at 16:42 pm, tom.k...@stfc.ac.uk wrote:
> I am quite new to simplesamlphp and i have followed the steps here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/simplesamlphp/4jmK_VVhyiM and here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/simplesamlphp/vdLBhPboro4 to install the patches to enable ECP support on simplesaml.

Did the patches apply? I would be surprised if patches that old can be applied to SSP as it is today. Lot’s of things have changed.

> However, I am struggling to get SimpleSAML to work with ECP, I have tried the client here http://www.cilogon.org/ecp
>
> The error I get is
> Apr 07 15:20:45 simplesamltest ERROR [210b9bc34a] Caused by: Exception: Unable to find the current binding.

This error happens when no SAML message is found on an endpoint. You should verify somehow what parameters you are receiving at your endpoint.
This one is the Assertion Consumer Service, and that’s for Service Providers. I’m definitely not an expert on ECP, but I think the only endpoint you may want to use is the Single Sign On Service.

> But no luck, does anybody have any ideas?

Make sure that all the patches applied smoothly. If not, you might need to hammer them into the code. Also check what parameters you are receiving at the IdP, as I said previously.

--
Jaime Pérez
UNINETT / Feide

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
- Robert Frost

signature.asc

Jaime Perez Crespo

Apr 10, 2015, 6:28:18 AM4/10/15
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

> On 07 Apr 2015, at 17:36 pm, tom.k...@stfc.ac.uk wrote:
> Made some more progress now get this errror
>
> SimpleSAML_Error_BadRequest: BADREQUEST('%REASON%' => 'Missing SAMLResponse or SAMLart parameter.')
>
> on this endpoint miniserver.com/simplesamltest/module.php/saml/sp/saml1-acs.php

That is the Assertion Consumer Service endpoint for a SAML 1 service provider, so definitely not what you are looking for.
signature.asc