SimpleSAML_Error_Error: UNHANDLEDEXCEPTION after authentication

Arjun Me

Jul 14, 2016, 12:29:08 PM7/14/16
to SimpleSAMLphp
Hi,

I got a SimpleSAML_Error_Error: UNHANDLEDEXCEPTION after authentication  on this page. I can able to login in ADFS, but while redirecting I am getting the below error.

https://hostname.in/simplesaml/module.php/core/authenticate.php?as=sample-sp&SimpleSAML_Auth_State_exceptionId=_cd75f28f7c3aeec9419ff8ee40514179717f35bd0d%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fhostname.in%2Fsimplesaml%2Fmodule.php%2Fcore%2Fas_login.php%3FAuthId%3Dsample-sp%26ReturnTo%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fhostname.in%252Fsimplesaml%252Fmodule.php%252Fcore%252Fauthenticate.php%253Fas%253Dsample-sp page.

Debug information

The debug information below may be of interest to the administrator / help desk:

SimpleSAML_Error_Error: UNHANDLEDEXCEPTION

Backtrace:
0 /data/saml/www/module.php:180 (N/A)
Caused by: sspmod_saml_Error: Responder
Backtrace:
3 /data/saml/modules/saml/lib/Message.php:392 (sspmod_saml_Message::getResponseError)
2 /data/saml/modules/saml/lib/Message.php:499 (sspmod_saml_Message::processResponse)
1 /data/saml/modules/saml/www/sp/saml2-acs.php:120 (require)
0 /data/saml/www/module.php:137 (N/A)

I am using SAMLPHP 1.14.0 and ADFS 2.0 and PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.9. Please help me on this.

With Regards
M.Arjun

Peter Schober

Jul 14, 2016, 1:52:33 PM7/14/16
to SimpleSAMLphp
* Arjun Me <arjunm...@gmail.com> [2016-07-14 18:29]:
> SimpleSAML_Error_Error: UNHANDLEDEXCEPTION
>
> Backtrace:
> 0 /data/saml/www/module.php:180 (N/A)
> Caused by: sspmod_saml_Error: Responder

Same reply as I gave to Arjun Manoharan today, in the thread
"Clear the session once the user redirects from ADFS":
That just means it's a SAML error that the IDP (the "Responder") sent
you.
-peter

anand...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2017, 7:59:29 AM11/3/17
to SimpleSAMLphp
Hi Peter,

Where to clear session can you please be specific ?  if you could point out where exactly as i am also facing same issue so it's issue where ?

Thanks
AS

Peter Schober

Nov 3, 2017, 8:26:00 AM11/3/17
to SimpleSAMLphp
* anand...@gmail.com <anand...@gmail.com> [2017-11-03 12:59]:
> Where to clear session can you please be specific ? if you could
> point out where exactly as i am also facing same issue so it's issue
> where ?

I don't understand the question. This more than one year old thread
was about someone where the IDP sent an error. The error wasn't
specified in the SAML protocol message (AFAIU) so there is nothing to
go on about here. One would have to ask the IDP what the specific
error was.

What means "Where to clear session" in this context? What session?
And how/why would "clearing" it fix the problem of an IDP sending a
SAML protocol message with an unspecified error?

Either way, like most things that keep state on the web SimpleSAMLphp
persists a reference to its own session in an HTTP Cookie stored by
the web browser. If you want to "clear a session" you could start by
removing cookies issued by SimpleSAMLphp, scoped to the FQDN of the
webserver where SimpleSAMLphp runs.
Not that this will fix anything or has anything to do with this stale
thread (to which the OP of course never bothered to reposnse, e.g. to
let us know what the problem was causing the error).

-peter