Dynamic Return URL for SimpleSAML

Manikrag Sharma

Jun 23, 2016, 7:32:24 AM6/23/16
to SimpleSAMLphp
Hi Team,

I am new to SAML as well as PHP.  I was able to setup SimpleSAML and it is working with our org IDP. Now a new requirement is that on a particular URL request, the SimpleSAML should authenticate from IDP and return back to the original requested URL.

Here is the work flow >

Original URL (Prelogin ) >>            SimpleSAML Authentication Function          >>      IDP          >>         Original URL (Logged in User)

I did lot of research but I could not get to a solution. The closest I could reach to was RelayState but that is restricted to only one URL.

I need the dynamic relay state. Please suggest.

Regards,
Manik

Peter Schober

Jun 23, 2016, 9:13:49 AM6/23/16
to SimpleSAMLphp
* Manikrag Sharma <maniksh...@gmail.com> [2016-06-23 13:32]:
> I am new to SAML as well as PHP. I was able to setup SimpleSAML and
> it is working with our org IDP.

Well, that's a great compliment to Andreas, Olav, Jaime who have
created and kept improving SimpleSAMLphp over the years!

> Now a new requirement is that on a particular URL request, the
> SimpleSAML should authenticate from IDP and return back to the
> original requested URL.
>
> Here is the work flow >
>
> *Original URL (Prelogin ) >> SimpleSAML Authentication Function
> >> IDP >> Original URL (Logged in User) *
>
> I did lot of research but I could not get to a solution. The closest I
> could reach to was RelayState but that is restricted to only one URL.
>
> I need the dynamic relay state. Please suggest.

There is nothing to do because that's the default mode of operation.
Sending the subject anywhere else other than the originally requested
resource would be silly.
So if that's not what you're seeing then something is wrong.
Without knowing any details it's hard to say what, of course.
-peter