How to implement forgotten password

xavier lhomme

Jul 16, 2017, 2:29:20 PM7/16/17
to SimpleSAMLphp

What are you trying to do?

Hi I want to implement/configure a function to help an user to obtain a new password if he has forgetten his password.

What have you done?

I've SimpleSamlPhp connected as an IdP  with my OpenLDAP.
I've 2 SP : Drupal and Portal for ArcGIS.

Is there anything wrong?

It's our my first attemp with SImpleSamlPph : it's works !

Is there anything you don't understand?

I don't have a clue to start with.

best regards
xle

Jaime Perez Crespo

Jul 18, 2017, 2:53:46 AM7/18/17
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xavier,

On 16 Jul 2017, at 20:29 PM, xavier lhomme <lhomme...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What are you trying to do?
>
> Hi I want to implement/configure a function to help an user to obtain a new password if he has forgetten his password.

SimpleSAMLphp does not provide anything like that, basically because it’s completely agnostic on what authentication source you use, and such a functionality depends completely on that.

If you want to be able to do something like that, you’ll need to implement it yourself in an authentication source.

--
Jaime Pérez
UNINETT / Feide

jaime...@uninett.no
jaime...@protonmail.com
9A08 EA20 E062 70B4 616B 43E3 562A FE3A 6293 62C2

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
- Robert Frost

Manilal K M

Jul 21, 2017, 8:28:13 AM7/21/17
to simple...@googlegroups.com
On 18 July 2017 at 12:23, Jaime Perez Crespo <jaime...@uninett.no> wrote:
Hi Xavier,

On 16 Jul 2017, at 20:29 PM, xavier lhomme <lhomme...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What are you trying to do?
>
> Hi I want to implement/configure a function to help an user to obtain a new password if he has forgetten his password.

SimpleSAMLphp does not provide anything like that, basically because it’s completely agnostic on what authentication source you use, and such a functionality depends completely on that.

If you want to be able to do something like that, you’ll need to implement it yourself in an authentication source.

You could try Self Service Password by LTB which is available at https://ltb-project.org/documentation/self-service-password
Please note that this project is not associated/related with SimpleSAMLphp and it's a separate standalone PHP application. We were using it for last couple of years and found it really useful.

regards,
Manilal