SimpleSAML_Auth_Simple' not found in /mnt/www/html/ohiodev/docroot/modules/contrib/simplesamlphp_auth/src/Service/SimplesamlphpAuthManager.php on line 59

ouja...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2017, 3:11:26 PM11/13/17
to SimpleSAMLphp
What are you trying to do?

We have Acquia Drupal ( 8.3 on PHP 5.6) running behind SimpleSAMLphp with SimpleSAMLphp_Auth module installed on top.  I'm attempting to upgrade to SimpleSAMLphp 1.14.17 but I'm hitting  a wall.  I keep getting the following error:

SimpleSAML_Auth_Simple' not found in /mnt/www/html/ohiodev/docroot/modules/contrib/simplesamlphp_auth/src/Service/SimplesamlphpAuthManager.php on line 59

The  SimplesamlphpAuthManager.php file calls SimpleSAML_Auth_Simple on line 6
use SimpleSAML_Auth_Simple;

On lines 58 & 59 we find:
      $auth_source = $this->config->get('auth_source');
      $this->instance = new SimpleSAML_Auth_Simple($auth_source);

I have no idea why it cannot find the class SimpleSAML_Auth_Simple . . .

Would anyone have a suggestion on where to look?

Thanks,
Dave

Jaime Perez Crespo

Nov 14, 2017, 5:00:59 AM11/14/17
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,
That sounds like the composer autoloader is either not properly configured or not even used. Make sure SimpleSAMLphp is installed correctly, and the app (SimpleSAMLphp_Auth) is using the composer autoloader.

https://simplesamlphp.org/docs/stable/simplesamlphp-install

Jaime Pérez
UNINETT / Feide

jaime...@uninett.no
jaime...@protonmail.com
9A08 EA20 E062 70B4 616B 43E3 562A FE3A 6293 62C2

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
- Robert Frost

hannum

Nov 28, 2017, 12:26:42 PM11/28/17
to SimpleSAMLphp
Hello Jaime,

I have been wrestling with this off and on for days now.  Here is where I am at:

SimpleSAMLphp 1.14.17 is installed.  When I go to /simplesaml and look at everything in the Installation Page, it checks out.  I can even log in via our CAS server while in that page.  However, when I go to our webiste login, I get the following error:

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Thank you,
Dave

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.
Error: Class 'SimpleSAML_Auth_Simple' not found in Drupal\simplesamlphp_auth\Service\SimplesamlphpAuthManager->__construct() (line 59 of modules/contrib/simplesamlphp_auth/src/Service/SimplesamlphpAuthManager.php).
Drupal\simplesamlphp_auth\Service\SimplesamlphpAuthManager->__construct(Object) (Line: 268)
Drupal\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->createService(Array, 'simplesamlphp_auth.manager') (Line: 177)
Drupal\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->get('simplesamlphp_auth.manager', 1) (Line: 494)
Drupal\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->resolveServicesAndParameters(Array) (Line: 236)
Drupal\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->createService(Array, 'simplesamlphp_auth_event_subscriber') (Line: 177)
Drupal\Component\DependencyInjection\Container->get('simplesamlphp_auth_event_subscriber') (Line: 108)
Drupal\Component\EventDispatcher\ContainerAwareEventDispatcher->dispatch('kernel.request', Object) (Line: 118)
Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\HttpKernel->handleRaw(Object, 1) (Line: 57)
Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\HttpKernel->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 57)
Drupal\Core\StackMiddleware\Session->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 47)
Drupal\Core\StackMiddleware\KernelPreHandle->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 207)
Drupal\page_cache\StackMiddleware\PageCache->fetch(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 121)
Drupal\page_cache\StackMiddleware\PageCache->lookup(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 75)
Drupal\page_cache\StackMiddleware\PageCache->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 38)
Drupal\jsonapi\StackMiddleware\FormatSetter->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 48)
Asm89\Stack\Cors->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 47)
Drupal\Core\StackMiddleware\ReverseProxyMiddleware->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 50)
Drupal\Core\StackMiddleware\NegotiationMiddleware->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 23)
Stack\StackedHttpKernel->handle(Object, 1, 1) (Line: 656)
Drupal\Core\DrupalKernel->handle(Object) (Line: 19)

Jaime Perez Crespo

Nov 29, 2017, 4:09:22 AM11/29/17
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

On 28 Nov 2017, at 18:26 PM, hannum <han...@ohio.edu> wrote:
> Hello Jaime,
>
> I have been wrestling with this off and on for days now. Here is where I am at:
>
> SimpleSAMLphp 1.14.17 is installed. When I go to /simplesaml and look at everything in the Installation Page, it checks out. I can even log in via our CAS server while in that page. However, when I go to our webiste login, I get the following error:
>
> Do you have any thoughts on this?

Yes :-)

The problem is in the Drupal plugin that’s using SimpleSAMLphp. They need to use the composer autoloader to load classes, not just include the PHP files manually, one by one. The autoloader handles the migration of the classes from PSR-0 to PSR-4 (from Snake_Case to namespaces), so that it is transparent for everyone using the API. If you get an error like that, it means the autoloader is not run, most likely because it’s never called.

David Hannum

Nov 29, 2017, 10:04:05 AM11/29/17
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jaime,

Now, when I run composer, it tells me that:

Problem 1

    - The requested PHP extension ext-pdo_sqlite * is missing from your system. Install or enable PHP's pdo_sqlite extension.

I can't find this referenced in any documentation anywhere . . .

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help,

Dave

https://simplesamlphp.org/support

Before sending your question, make sure it is related to SimpleSAMLphp, and not your web server's configuration or any other third-party software. This mailing list cannot help with software that uses SimpleSAMLphp, only regarding SimpleSAMLphp itself.

Make sure to read the documentation:

https://simplesamlphp.org/docs/stable/

If you have an issue with SimpleSAMLphp that you cannot resolve and reading the documentation doesn't help, you are more than welcome to ask here for help. Subscribe to the list and send an email with your question. However, you will be expected to comply with some minimum, common sense standards in your questions. Please read this carefully:

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SimpleSAMLphp" group.

Jaime Perez Crespo

Nov 29, 2017, 10:08:23 AM11/29/17
to simple...@googlegroups.com
On 29 Nov 2017, at 16:03 PM, David Hannum <ouja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Jaime,
>
> Now, when I run composer, it tells me that:
>
> Problem 1
>
> - The requested PHP extension ext-pdo_sqlite * is missing from your system. Install or enable PHP's pdo_sqlite extension.
>
> I can't find this referenced in any documentation anywhere . . .

That’s only required for development. Did you remember to run composer with --no-dev?

Peter Schober

Nov 29, 2017, 10:09:10 AM11/29/17
to simple...@googlegroups.com
* David Hannum <ouja...@gmail.com> [2017-11-29 16:04]:
> Now, when I run composer, it tells me that:
>
> Problem 1
>
> - The requested PHP extension ext-pdo_sqlite * is missing from your
> system. Install or enable PHP's pdo_sqlite extension.

You're running composer where, how, exactly?

(Also, how would running the composer "binary" fix the issue of the
Drupal module not using composer correctly, as per Jaime?)

-peter

David Hannum

Nov 29, 2017, 12:08:02 PM11/29/17
to simple...@googlegroups.com
OK - I am not experienced with Drupal.  I though I understood that composer would rewrite the autoload.php files to correct any paths that were incorrect.  I figured if something was not loading, it's because I was not getting picked up with the autoload.php.

Dave

Jaime Perez Crespo

Nov 30, 2017, 3:29:03 AM11/30/17
to SimpleSAMLphp
Hi David!

On 29 Nov 2017, at 18:07 PM, David Hannum <ouja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK - I am not experienced with Drupal. I though I understood that composer would rewrite the autoload.php files to correct any paths that were incorrect. I figured if something was not loading, it's because I was not getting picked up with the autoload.php.

No, as I said previously, this is something those who wrote the Drupal plugin needs to fix. Nothing you can do on your own, unfortunately, except from trying to contact the authors to let them know about the problem and how to fix it.

David Hannum

Nov 30, 2017, 7:24:48 AM11/30/17
to simple...@googlegroups.com
OK - thanks for your help!