Anyone using metadata query protocol (MDQ)?

Patrick Radtke

Aug 22, 2017, 5:54:10 PM8/22/17
to SimpleSAMLphp
We are thinking about enabling the MDQ metadata source for some federations we interact with.
According to the Internet2 wiki (https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/perentity/MDQ+Client+Software) the feature is largely untested in SSP.

Is anyone using it in on their servers?
If so, have you run into any issues? or do you have concerns with how it works with SSP? Other adive?

I want to understand any potential pitfalls from people's real world experience.

thanks,

Patrick

Frank Tamás

Aug 25, 2017, 6:35:51 AM8/25/17
to SimpleSAMLphp

On Tuesday, August 22, 2017 at 11:54:10 PM UTC+2, Patrick Radtke wrote:
We are thinking about enabling the MDQ metadata source for some federations we interact with.
According to the Internet2 wiki (https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/perentity/MDQ+Client+Software) the feature is largely untested in SSP.

Is anyone using it in on their servers?

We have been using MDQ in eduID.hu federation with several SSP entities without any problem for approx 2 years. MDQ servers must be very HA, but from SSP side we have not run into any issue.

Tamas