Changes too Google API affecting Google Apps SSO?

Marko Milisavljevic

Apr 13, 2015, 3:52:41 PM4/13/15
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Could anyone kindly clarify if changes to Goole APIs that Google has been emailing about are affecting simplesamlphp used for Google Apps authentication as described in https://simplesamlphp.org/docs/stable/simplesamlphp-googleapps ? Google's email is not very helpful in pinpointing which apps or services will be affected and although I think this does not affect Google Apps SSO functionality I'd rather confirm here.

Thank you.

Peter Schober

Apr 13, 2015, 10:32:51 PM4/13/15
to simple...@googlegroups.com
* Marko Milisavljevic <marko...@gmail.com> [2015-04-13 21:52]:
Impossible to say since you don't specify which APIs you're talking
about, neither do you reference one of those unhelpful emails.
But the URL above is about using SimpleSAMLphp to access Google
services using the SAML2.0 protocol, (which is) not an API (and not a
Google API), so your use of Google Apps shouldn't be affected.
(Unless you're using Google as OpenID provider in a proxy scenario, I
guess. You don't mention your deployment at all, of course.)

Most importantly, if you wanted to know what's happening to services
you depend on you'd be ill-advised to rely on some comment on an open
source project's mailing list. You'd talk to the vendor or use one of
its support forums.
-peter

Marko Milisavljevic

Apr 13, 2015, 10:57:42 PM4/13/15
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for taking the time to reply, Peter. I would be pleased to paste the content from the link I referenced, if that would help explain my setup, since those are exactly the instructions I followed. I regret I wasn’t clear that my email was directed at those familiar with changes to Google APIs and OpenID taking place on April 20th, as has been discussed on this a few times recently in different contexts, and whether it has any effect on SAML2.0 / Google Apps authentication. If you are not familiar with those, please do not feel obliged to inconvenience yourself with replying. As far as the right place to ask, without a doubt chances of finding people here familiar with Google changes are far greater than finding people at Google familiar with simplesamlphp.