1.15: session restoration issue

Stefan Winter

Mar 5, 2018, 3:09:18 AM3/5/18
to SimpleSAMLphp
Hello,

I'm using 1.15 for a while now (as of recent, 1.15.3), and after the
initial session restore surprise (which I resolved with Jaime's help,
thanks again) things worked fine.

There is now one single page in my restricted admin area which throws a
strange Exception (many other pages using the same code path work just
fine). I get this:

SimpleSAML_Error_Error: UNHANDLEDEXCEPTION

Backtrace:
1 www/_include.php:45 (SimpleSAML_exception_handler)
0 [builtin] (N/A)
Caused by: Exception: The POST data we should restore was lost.
Backtrace:
1 modules/core/www/postredirect.php:38 (require)
0 www/module.php:135 (N/A)

The issue indeed comes from sending a POST form to a page with the HTML
target URL

<form action="../diag/action_realmcheck.php?inst_id=3&profile_id=10"
method="post" accept-charset="UTF-8">

All other pages (where I'm also using the mix of GET parameters together
with some POST data) work just fine.

The differentiator here is that this is the only POST target pointing to
a ../ location.

Is there something I'm still unaware of in session handling, or is there
some bug in SSP?

Greetings,

Stefan Winter

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche

Tel: +352 424409 1
Fax: +352 422473

recipient's key is known to me

0x8A39DC66.asc
signature.asc

Peter Schober

Mar 5, 2018, 7:35:01 AM3/5/18
to SimpleSAMLphp
* Stefan Winter <stefan...@restena.lu> [2018-03-05 09:09]:
> Caused by: Exception: The POST data we should restore was lost.
> Backtrace:
> 1 modules/core/www/postredirect.php:38 (require)

Did you enable post redirect?
https://github.com/simplesamlphp/simplesamlphp/blob/master/config-templates/config.php#L177
I've never had a use for that since I require TLS on all SPs, too.

If this is not about the HTTP POST of the SAML Response from the IDP
why would /SSP/ need to restore a POST relevant to your application?

-peter