Is SimpleSAMLphp 1.13.2 compatible with PHP5.6

Gilbert Thera

Mar 17, 2015, 11:29:41 AM3/17/15
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

We've been using SimpleSAMLphp for quite some time now under PHP5.5. And last Saturday we updated to PHP5.6 and since the update we get the NOSTATE error.
We're running Nginx, PHP5.6 and use memcache for the sessions.And I checked: memcache is running (and actually has simpleSAMLphp session items).

After we downgraded to PHP5.5 everything worked again. So hence the question: is SimpleSAMLphp combatible with PHP5.6 or am I overlooking something?

Kind regards,

Gilbert

Jaime Perez Crespo

Mar 18, 2015, 6:48:13 AM3/18/15
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gilbert,
We haven’t tested, so PHP 5.6 is not officially supported (which doesn’t mean it won’t work). Taking a look at the backward incompatible changes in 5.6, I don’t see anything that should break SimpleSAMLphp. Not directly at least.

I assume you problem could be more related to nginx than PHP 5.6, but without any other information (web server’s error logs, SimpleSAMLphp logs in debug mode, etc), I can’t tell you anything else.

--
Jaime Pérez
UNINETT / Feide

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
- Robert Frost

signature.asc

Thijs Kinkhorst

Mar 18, 2015, 6:52:01 AM3/18/15
to simple...@googlegroups.com
On 18-03-15 11:48, Jaime Perez Crespo wrote:
>> After we downgraded to PHP5.5 everything worked again. So hence the question: is SimpleSAMLphp combatible with PHP5.6 or am I overlooking something?
>
> We haven’t tested, so PHP 5.6 is not officially supported (which doesn’t mean it won’t work). Taking a look at the backward incompatible changes in 5.6, I don’t see anything that should break SimpleSAMLphp. Not directly at least.

For the record, I'm running simpleSAMLphp on PHP 5.6 without problems.

Cheers,
Thijs

signature.asc

Gilbert Thera

Mar 19, 2015, 11:54:02 AM3/19/15
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaime,

On Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at 11:48:13 AM UTC+1, Jaime Pérez wrote:
I assume you problem could be more related to nginx than PHP 5.6, but without any other information (web server’s error logs, SimpleSAMLphp logs in debug mode, etc), I can’t tell you anything else.

Thank you for your reply.

We didn't had any entries in our webserver's error log and the only error we get in the SimpleSAMLphp is regarding the NO STATE error (see attached file). I do think that the problem lies more in the nginx combination with PHP than just PHP. And since Thijs doesn't have any problems we will focus more on that then.

Again thank you.

Kind regards,

Gilbert

simplesamlphp.log

Gilbert Thera

Mar 27, 2015, 4:12:19 AM3/27/15
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Hereby I also post our nginx config re simplesamlphp.

        location ^~ /simplesaml {

alias /var/base/simplesaml/www;
                location
                        include fastcgi_params
;
                        fastcgi_pass php
;
                        fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$phpfile
;
                        fastcgi_param PATH_INFO       $pathinfo if_not_empty
;
                        fastcgi_param SCRIPT_NAME     $fastcgi_script_name
;

}

}

Really hope that someone could help us further.

Kind regards,

Gilbert Thera