Drupal 7.44 security patch and Automatic role population from simpleSAMLphp attributes?

treebyr

Jul 11, 2016, 6:19:35 PM7/11/16
to SimpleSAMLphp
Looks like the Drupal 7.44 security patch may have broken Automatic role population from simpleSAMLphp attributes. We had it configured and working for quite some time. Simplesamlphp still authenticates users properly, it just no longer populates  the role specificed (in our case from eduPersonEntitlement attribute). There isn't an error message and no obvious permission setting change.
Anybody else seen this? Since the 7.44 is a core security update, I'm hesitant to roll it back.

treebyr

Jul 12, 2016, 11:15:16 AM7/12/16
to SimpleSAMLphp
Got it working again by enabling "Reevaluate roles every time the user logs in." Both pluses and minuses to this, but probably easiest fix.