How to install simplesamlphp on Simple Hosting gandi.net ?

Stéphane PAUTRAT

Sep 25, 2017, 2:47:17 AM9/25/17
to SimpleSAMLphp
hi,

I would like to install simple saml php on my simple hosting instance at gandi.net.
But I do not see at all how to do it, or how to proceed, someone could help me?
I have the metadata of my federation and i must to generate my metadata.

thanks you.

Peter Schober

Sep 25, 2017, 4:23:31 AM9/25/17
to SimpleSAMLphp
* Stéphane PAUTRAT <paut...@gmail.com> [2017-09-25 08:47]:
> I would like to install simple saml php on my simple hosting instance at
> gandi.net.

SimpleSAMLphp should work fine on most/all hosting providers. Maybe
some don't offer cron or some other feature, but these can usually be
worked around.
E.g. where the documentation mentions changing the Apache httpd
configuiration to add an Alias directive you can simply create a
symlink in the file system. If that doesn work either (e.g. if you
only have SFTP/FTPS/FTP access) there's probably a way to create the
symlink locally and transfer that to the machine, etc.

> But I do not see at all how to do it, or how to proceed, someone
> could help me?

You'll need to follow all the steps from the instructions, and then
ask specific questions about what didn't work and how exactly it
failed to work.

-peter

Peter Schober

Sep 26, 2017, 7:52:01 AM9/26/17
to simple...@googlegroups.com
* st�phane pautrat <paut...@gmail.com> [2017-09-26 13:45]:
> I am hosted at gandi.net with a simple hosting instance in php 5.4 / apache.
> I have to integrate a private space with simplesamlphp and generate my
> metadata for my organization which provided me with its metadata.
> And I do not know how to start or how to do it.

If you have found this mailing list you should also have found the
documentation. "Installing SimpleSAMLphp" is here:
https://simplesamlphp.org/docs/stable/simplesamlphp-install

Follow every step and ask *specific* questions here if you ran into
issues.

After you've installed SSP successfully only then look into setting it
up as a SAML SP:
https://simplesamlphp.org/docs/stable/simplesamlphp-sp

I don't know what you expect. The documentation explains "how to do
it". Noone is going to copy/paste the documentation into emails for
you?

-peter

st�phane pautrat

Sep 26, 2017, 7:55:49 AM9/26/17
to simple...@googlegroups.com
ok i try it and contact you if i have a problem

thanks a lot

-peter

https://simplesamlphp.org/support

Before sending your question, make sure it is related to SimpleSAMLphp, and not your web server's configuration or any other third-party software. This mailing list cannot help with software that uses SimpleSAMLphp, only regarding SimpleSAMLphp itself.

Make sure to read the documentation:

https://simplesamlphp.org/docs/stable/

If you have an issue with SimpleSAMLphp that you cannot resolve and reading the documentation doesn't help, you are more than welcome to ask here for help. Subscribe to the list and send an email with your question. However, you will be expected to comply with some minimum, common sense standards in your questions. Please read this carefully:

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SimpleSAMLphp" group.

Peter Schober

Sep 26, 2017, 8:33:16 AM9/26/17
to simple...@googlegroups.com
* st�phane pautrat <paut...@gmail.com> [2017-09-26 13:55]:
> ok i try it and contact you if i have a problem

For posterity: No, you don't contact me, you can ask for help on the
community-supported mailing list.

-peter