Need help with SAML integration

Puneet Kaur

Aug 10, 2017, 1:29:54 PM8/10/17
to SimpleSAMLphp
We want to acquire sso from okta, for that purpose we need to provide okta below information:
Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL
Identity Provider Issuer
Certificate

We need to make our application SAML complaint, needs to integrate SAML for cakephp application.
The plugin is simpleSAMLphp,  Please let me  know the approach and process.

Peter Schober

Aug 11, 2017, 6:10:27 AM8/11/17
to SimpleSAMLphp
* Puneet Kaur <svsp...@gmail.com> [2017-08-10 19:30]:
> We want to acquire sso from okta, for that purpose we need to provide okta
> below information:
> Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL
> Identity Provider Issuer
> Certificate

So who is the SAML IDP? (Where do subjects authenticate and from where
should SAML Assertions be issued?)
Not okta, when they're asking for your IDP metadata?
Seemingly not SimpleSAMLphp either, as you're (only?) using that in
order to SAML-enable your CakePHP application?

> We need to make our application SAML complaint, needs to integrate SAML for
> cakephp application.
> The plugin is simpleSAMLphp, Please let me know the approach and process.

As for SAML-enabling an application using SimpleSAMLphp:
First install SimpleSAMLphp
https://simplesamlphp.org/docs/stable/simplesamlphp-install

Then configure it as a SAML SP
https://simplesamlphp.org/docs/stable/simplesamlphp-sp

Section 6 there introduces the SP API you'll use to integrate PHP code
with SimpleSAMLphp:
https://simplesamlphp.org/docs/stable/simplesamlphp-sp#section_6

-peter