Handling dual session logins for a single user

Brian Vuyk

Sep 26, 2016, 5:45:09 PM9/26/16
to SimpleSAMLphp
Hi all.

I have a bit of an unusual use case I need to accommodate, and I am not sure if this is doable with SimpleSAMLphp.

Our website is a SP that uses SimpleSAMLphp to log into an IDP provided by another vendor. Occasionally, a user can accidentally end up with multiple accounts in our system, so we have a 'Merge Accounts' use case when the user needs to be able to log into both accounts at the same time (following which we initiate API calls to the other vendor to have the accounts merged, using both DSTs).

Does anyone have any suggestion about how I can maintain two logins (along with their SimpleSAMLphp data) in parallel?

The simple case (just logging in twice) causes the second login to overwrite the SimpleSAMLphp session data from the first login.

I'd appreciate any suggestions!

Peter Schober

Sep 26, 2016, 7:30:47 PM9/26/16
to SimpleSAMLphp
* Brian Vuyk <br...@brianvuyk.com> [2016-09-26 23:45]:
> Does anyone have any suggestion about how I can maintain two logins
> (along with their SimpleSAMLphp data) in parallel?

I guess the easiest workaround is creating yet another session of your
own, copying data from SSP's session to your session, and then
comparing/merging with data from the new/replaced SSP session.
-peter