Deprecated: assert(): Calling assert() with a string argument is deprecated in

stpe...@hotmail.com

May 7, 2018, 1:15:15 PM5/7/18
to SimpleSAMLphp
I am using PHP 7.2.5 with simplesamlephp 1.15.4. I am getting a lot of Deprecated: assert(): Calling assert() with a string argument is deprecated in messages. Do I have to fix these? Are they fixes in some other version of simplesamlphp? Are you not supporting PHP 7.2.5? Thanks

Thijs Kinkhorst

May 7, 2018, 1:32:30 PM5/7/18
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Op 07-05-18 om 19:15 schreef stpe...@hotmail.com:
> *I am using PHP 7.2.5 with simplesamlephp 1.15.4. I am getting a lot of
> Deprecated: assert(): Calling assert() with a string argument is
> deprecated in messages. Do I have to fix these? Are they fixes in some
> other version of simplesamlphp? Are you not supporting PHP 7.2.5? Thanks*

"Deprecation" means that there's nothing wrong, just that this
functionality will be removed in a future version of PHP. So
simpleSAMLphp supports PHP 7.2 just fine. If you're bothered by the
deprecation notices, you can turn them off in the PHP config.

In simpleSAMLphp master these asserts have been changed so the next
version of simpleSAMLphp will not trigger the notices.

Cheers,
Thijs

stpe...@hotmail.com

May 7, 2018, 3:09:15 PM5/7/18
to SimpleSAMLphp
OK. So you are fixing it in a future version . . . . Excellent. Thanks.