Errors looking for users in LDAP

Daniel Mérida

Nov 18, 2011, 7:15:53 AM11/18/11
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi to all:

I have some problems when SimpleSamlPhp is looking for the users in the LDAP.

When I try to authenticate with user1 and his corresponding password, the error shown in SimpleSamlPhp is:
        Incorrect username or password
        Either no user with the given username could be found, or the password you gave was wrong. Please check the username and try again.

I am pretty sure about where is the problem is the values in authsources.php, but I don't know what should be the correct values.

Can anybody corroborate my suspects?
Dani

authsources.php
// Example of a LDAP authentication source.
    'test-ldap' => array(
        'dnpattern' => 'uid=%username%,ou=People,dc=myServer,dc=es',
        'search.enable' => FALSE,
        'search.base' => 'ou=People,dc=myServer,dc=es',
        'search.username' => 'admin',
    )

Structure of my LDAP:
    dc=myServer, dc=es
            ->cn=admin
            ->ou=Groups
            ->ou=People
                    ->cn=user1
                    ->cn=user2

Olav Morken

Nov 18, 2011, 9:27:47 AM11/18/11
to simple...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 13:15:53 +0100, Daniel M�rida wrote:
> /_authsources.php_

> // Example of a LDAP authentication source.
> 'test-ldap' => array(
> 'dnpattern' => 'uid=%username%,ou=People,dc=myServer,dc=es',
[...]
> _Structure of my LDAP_:

> dc=myServer, dc=es
> ->cn=admin
> ->ou=Groups
> ->ou=People
> ->cn=user1
> ->cn=user2/

In the 'dnpattern' option you are using 'uid' as part of the DN for the
user objects, but in your actual LDAP tree, you are using 'cn' instead.
If you want to match the uid attribute of the user, it looks like you
will have to search for the user instead (i.e. using the search.*
options).

Regards,
Olav Morken
UNINETT / Feide

Daniel Mérida

Nov 21, 2011, 6:27:00 AM11/21/11
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Olav. My problem is solved
Dani

El 18/11/2011 15:27, Olav Morken escribi�:

Damas Makweba

Jan 2, 2017, 1:11:28 AM1/2/17
to SimpleSAMLphp, dme...@lcc.uma.es
Dear all,
I am very junior on setting SimpleSAMLphp for authentication particularly to federated services. I have SimpleSAMLphp running on Ubuntu 16.06 and my LDAP server on CentOS 6.7, the connection between the two servers should be secured and my SimpleSAMLphp should be assigned with comodo CA. Just doing an authentication testing I am getting an error similar to Dan's error and the setting are the same i.e. attributes. At first the test passed through but other users failed, once I changed my password at the LDAP server I got the same problem like others incorrect username.....
Can someone please assist me to fix this issue so that SimpleSAMLphp communicate with my LDAP?
Rgds,

Jaime Perez Crespo

Jan 2, 2017, 7:30:19 AM1/2/17
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi Damas,

On 2 Jan 2017, at 07:05 AM, Damas Makweba <adma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am very junior on setting SimpleSAMLphp for authentication particularly to federated services. I have SimpleSAMLphp running on Ubuntu 16.06 and my LDAP server on CentOS 6.7, the connection between the two servers should be secured and my SimpleSAMLphp should be assigned with comodo CA. Just doing an authentication testing I am getting an error similar to Dan's error and the setting are the same i.e. attributes. At first the test passed through but other users failed, once I changed my password at the LDAP server I got the same problem like others incorrect username.....
> Can someone please assist me to fix this issue so that SimpleSAMLphp communicate with my LDAP?

You realize you are replying to a mail thread that’s more than 5 years old now, right?

In any case, have you tried Olav’s suggestion? What is your configuration? How does your LDAP structure look like?

--
Jaime Pérez
UNINETT / Feide

jaime...@uninett.no
jaime...@protonmail.com
9A08 EA20 E062 70B4 616B 43E3 562A FE3A 6293 62C2

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
- Robert Frost