simpleSamlPHP as an RP to custom WIF IdP

s20051...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2017, 9:15:35 AM10/4/17
to SimpleSAMLphp

Hi, I am trying to setup a PHP application as a relying party (RP) to a Windows Identity Foundation (WIF) 4.5 Security Token Service (STS).   WIF based STS expects WSignIn1.0 or WSignout1.0 requests from the RP.  Can simpleSamlPHP be configured to generate the wsignin or wsignout requests?  If not, is there an alternative configuration for using simpleSamlPHP as an RP to a custom WIF Identity Provider (IdP)?

Peter Schober

Oct 4, 2017, 11:13:02 AM10/4/17
to SimpleSAMLphp
* s20051...@gmail.com <s20051...@gmail.com> [2017-10-04 15:15]:
What is the standard protocol you need to use here? The SSP home page
states SSP supports "WS-Federation". What protocols does the "custom
WIF Identity Provider" implement/support?

-peter

s20051...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2017, 9:05:49 AM10/5/17
to SimpleSAMLphp
Peter, thanks for the response.  This new to me and I am learning as I go.  We have our WIF configured for WS-Fed.  Our SimpleSamlPHP appears to be configured for SAML 2.0.  I am going to follow on-line guides and reconfigure our SimpleSamlPHP to WS-Fed.

Steve