Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SimpleSAML_Error_Exception' with message 'Cannot create new session - headers already sent.' in C:\simplesamlphp-1.14.3\lib\SimpleSAML\SessionHandlerPHP.php:170

Huy Nguyen

Apr 27, 2016, 11:11:07 AM4/27/16
to SimpleSAMLphp
Has anybody ran into this error when using Metarefresh? how do you fix this? I spent hours but unable to figure out what is wrong...

Thank you
Huy
Capture.JPG

Peter Schober

May 9, 2016, 8:49:29 PM5/9/16
to SimpleSAMLphp
* Huy Nguyen <huy.n...@soldmaxrealty.com> [2016-04-27 17:11]:
> Has anybody ran into this error when using Metarefresh? how do you fix
> this? I spent hours but unable to figure out what is wrong...

Not sure this will mean anything to you but from looking at the code:
The session id cookie is missing and HTTP headers have already been
sent to the HTTP User Agent, so no new session can be created as no
new HTTP Cookie can be set anymore.
It may also be a bug or misfeature, as metarefresh probably shouldn't
be looking at or using PHP sessions at all.
-peter

Nate Klingenstein

May 9, 2016, 9:04:03 PM5/9/16
to simple...@googlegroups.com
It may also be a bug or misfeature, as metarefresh probably shouldn't
be looking at or using PHP sessions at all.

+1

Lewis Roberts

May 13, 2016, 6:40:01 PM5/13/16
to SimpleSAMLphp
Have you checked that auto session start is off in php.ini?

; Initialize session on request startup.
; http://php.net/session.auto-start
session
.auto_start = 0

-Lewis