Metadata refresh and PDO storage provider

MarcF

Sep 26, 2016, 1:22:16 PM9/26/16
to SimpleSAMLphp
Is it possible to have SimpleSAMLphp write metadata to the database and also regularly update the metadata?

pat...@cirrusidentity.com

Sep 26, 2016, 3:55:13 PM9/26/16
to SimpleSAMLphp
If you take a look at https://github.com/simplesamlphp/simplesamlphp/blob/master/config-templates/config.php you'll see information on using PDO for storing metadata in the database.

* This example defines an pdo source.
* 'metadata.sources' => array(
*     array('type' => 'pdo')
* ),

And then you would also look for the 'DATABASE CONFIGURATION' section.

You would use the metarefresh module and cron to perform regular updates

-Patrick

MarcF

Oct 4, 2016, 11:30:23 AM10/4/16
to SimpleSAMLphp
Thanks Patrick. I'm aware there's the PDO source and metarefresh module, however was wondering if they work together as can't see anything documented about this.

The metarefresh module talks about storing metadata in a directory in storage and an outputFormat such as "serialize". Hence, I'm not sure if the two go hand-in-hand.

Patrick Radtke

Oct 5, 2016, 2:23:22 PM10/5/16
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I see. I assumed there was more sharing go on between those
components. I don't see PDO support in the metarefresh code.

I did see
https://github.com/simplesamlphp/simplesamlphp/blob/master/docs/simplesamlphp-metadata-pdostoragehandler.md

which provides a script to import flatfile metadata into the DB. It
may be possible to adapt that for the serialize format.