I'm facing issue to start simplesamlphp

Tanveer Qazi

Mar 12, 2018, 1:36:08 AM3/12/18
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
Please see the below l followed these steps to install and configure but still simplesamlphp is not started where is I'm lacking friends can anyone help me??

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install php5 apache2

cd /var sudo wget https://simplesamlphp.org/res/downloads/simplesamlphp-1.13.2.tar.gz

sudo tar zxf simplesamlphp-1.13.2.tar.gz

sudo mv simplesamlphp-1.13.2.tar.gz simplesamlphp

cd simplesamlphp
sudo cp -r config-templates/*.php config/
sudo cp -r metadata-templates/*.php metadata/

chown -R root:www-data /var/simplesamlphp

sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf

Alias /simplesaml /var/simplesamlphp/www
<Directory /var/simplesamlphp/www/>
Require all granted
</Directory>

sudo nano /var/simplesamlphp/config/config.php

tr -c -d '0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz!@#$%^&amp;amp;*()_+' &lt;/dev/urandom | dd bs=32 count=1 &gt;/dev/null;e

sudo service apache2 restart

# Now i open the browser and type the url

http://simplesaml

But I followed these step successfully but im unable to start simplesamlphp. Please help me where im missing

Peter Schober

Mar 12, 2018, 8:46:03 AM3/12/18
to simple...@googlegroups.com
* Tanveer Qazi <tanvee...@gmail.com> [2018-03-12 06:36]:
Why would you install SimpleSAMLphp version 1.13.2 from source?
Current is 1.15.4, see https://simplesamlphp.org/download

Debian stable has 1.14.11 packages, later dists match SSP current.
Ubtuntu has 1.14.0 in Xenial but I'm not sure they get security
support.

So either use the package provided by your distribution (if they
provide security fixes) or use the latest release from the SSP home
page.

> sudo nano /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf
>
> Alias /simplesaml /var/simplesamlphp/www
> <Directory /var/simplesamlphp/www/>
> Require all granted
> </Directory>
[...]
> *# Now i open the browser and type the url*
> http://simplesaml

In the config above you have not defined a virtual host (hostname,
server name, FQDN, whatever) you have defined an Alias:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/en/mod/mod_alias.html#alias

So you'd have to access your SSP instance at
http://yourserver/simplesaml (provided "yourserver" is the name one
would access any other content on your web server).

If you're testing on your local maschine you could use "localhost" as
server name. That won't allow you to publish anything to anyone,
though.

-peter

Tanveer Qazi

Mar 13, 2018, 1:36:33 AM3/13/18
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Thank you peter it is started and showing simplesaml page frontpage_welcome.php. Now one doubt is now I have to configure Identity Provider and Service Provider for that first I have to create different directory like "simplesamlidp" and "simplesamlsp" and my website login page which authenticated by "simplesamlidp" & than redirect to "simplesamlsp" in /var/ .

Best Regards,
Tanveer Qazi
M.Tech Cyber Security & Incident Response(Pursuing)
Institute Of Forensic Science,
Gujarat Forensic Sciences University

https://simplesamlphp.org/support

Before sending your question, make sure it is related to SimpleSAMLphp, and not your web server's configuration or any other third-party software. This mailing list cannot help with software that uses SimpleSAMLphp, only regarding SimpleSAMLphp itself.

Make sure to read the documentation:

https://simplesamlphp.org/docs/stable/

If you have an issue with SimpleSAMLphp that you cannot resolve and reading the documentation doesn't help, you are more than welcome to ask here for help. Subscribe to the list and send an email with your question. However, you will be expected to comply with some minimum, common sense standards in your questions. Please read this carefully:

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SimpleSAMLphp" group.

Jaime Perez Crespo

Mar 13, 2018, 5:47:51 AM3/13/18
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 13 Mar 2018, at 06:36 AM, Tanveer Qazi <tanvee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you peter it is started and showing simplesaml page frontpage_welcome.php. Now one doubt is now I have to configure Identity Provider and Service Provider for that first I have to create different directory like "simplesamlidp" and "simplesamlsp" and my website login page which authenticated by "simplesamlidp" & than redirect to "simplesamlsp" in /var/ .

You don’t “redirect to simplesamlsp in /var/“. This is a protocol based on HTTP. The paths in your server are irrelevant here. Also, you don’t need to have both the IdP and the SP installed in the same machine. Actually, the idea behind SAML is precisely to avoid that.

What are you trying to do? I think you are clearly lacking some basic concepts, so it would be better if you first try to understand what you are doing (or what you want), rather than trying random things and coming here to ask when something does not work (as you expected, at least).

Jaime Pérez
UNINETT / Feide

jaime...@uninett.no
jaime...@protonmail.com
9A08 EA20 E062 70B4 616B 43E3 562A FE3A 6293 62C2

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."
- Robert Frost

Tanveer Qazi

Mar 13, 2018, 12:12:53 PM3/13/18
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaime,
Sorry If my questions are irrelevant for this group. I ask this question because I saw one video of simplesamlphp

After watching this doubt comes that's why i asked now in future i will not ask such questions. And I'm doing first time that's why happening with me.

Best Regards,
Tanveer Qazi
M.Tech Cyber Security & Incident Response(Pursuing)
Institute Of Forensic Science,
Gujarat Forensic Sciences University

Jaime Ramirez Infante

Mar 13, 2018, 12:35:03 PM3/13/18
to SimpleSAMLphp
Perhaps you only need to check with the next
url:

Saludos!

Jaime Perez Crespo

Mar 14, 2018, 5:25:23 AM3/14/18
to simple...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 13 Mar 2018, at 17:12 PM, Tanveer Qazi <tanvee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jaime,
> Sorry If my questions are irrelevant for this group.

I’m not saying your questions are irrelevant. I’m saying you don’t seem to know what you are doing or what you want. If you don’t read first to know what SAML and SimpleSAMLphp are, and how they can be used, you won’t know what you can do with them. And then that means we can’t help you.

> I ask this question because I saw one video of simplesamlphp
> who's link "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vctua3571ak

Watching a random video in youtube is not the best source of information. Neither for SimpleSAMLphp nor for any other software. You should always read the documentation for the software you are trying to use, not random videos or blog posts:

https://simplesamlphp.org/docs/stable/

> After watching this doubt comes that's why i asked now in future i will not ask such questions. And I'm doing first time that's why happening with me.

It doesn’t matter if this is the first time you do this or not. You should always go to the original source of information first.

Also, you are playing here with complex protocols and concepts. SAML and SSO are not straightforward. However, you clearly lack basic concepts on how the web works: you can’t type something in the address bar of your web browser and expect it to magically give you a page back. “simplesaml” is not even a valid domain name. You need to start reading there, learn how the web and DNS works, and then move on to more complex matters such as SSO.