Problems installing SimpleCV on Windows 7 (32-bit)

Jérémy Scarella

Oct 16, 2012, 8:24:07 AM10/16/12
to simp...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone !

I've been struggling for days to install SimpleCV on my work computer. The superpack doesn't work when it uses the easy_install command because it can't find the correct files by connecting to the pipy.python.org website (I think it might be due to my company's network settings).

Anyway, I tried to install all the prerequisties manually (following this tutorial : https://github.com/ingenuitas/SimpleCV#installation) and it seemed to have worked (I put all of them in the C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages folder and installed the setup.py files using the python build --compiler command, is that right ?).

My question concerns the ingenuitas-SimpleCV-1.3-0-g4b6d8fd.zip, should I also put it in this folder and use the same command (that's why I did). And if this is the right way of doing it, is there any PATH or PYTHON_PATH I should add in order to be able to use the SimpleCV module ?

(I already added PATH to the C:\Python27 and C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages folders and the PYTHON_PATH to the C:/OpenCV2.3/opencv/build/python/2.7/ folder).

I can launch python in the command window but when I try to use "from SimpleCV import Shell" I get the following error : "ImportError : No module named SimpleCV".

So I don't know if I installed it in the wrong folder or if I need to add another path to make it work ?

Thank you by advance for your help.
Have a nice day.

Best regards,
Jeremy

Nathan Oostendorp

Oct 16, 2012, 2:24:05 PM10/16/12
to simp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

You need to unzip the file and run:

python.exe setup.py install

This should install the library on your system

I hope this helps.

Nate