Munki3/10.13 support, other news/feature requests

Allister Banks

Aug 15, 2017, 12:13:43 PM8/15/17
to Simian Discuss
Hey Maxim et. al,
We really want to start taking advantage of Munki3, which works fine with Simian 2.5 as-is in our testing. Would you accept a PR to allow bumping that version up?
10.13 High Sierra is also imminent (maybe less than a month away?) so we also would need a new version of mcrypto. The 10.12 version is working, but is that something that we can get help with/official support for?
I promise that writeup about autopkg integration will be someplace soon, gist is here for now and you can ping me on the MacAdmins.org Slack if anyone wants help getting it set up.

When it comes to other feature requests, we're finding it to not be a good experience to restrict support/helpdesk and security roles from assigning tags or using UUID as criteria in manifest modifications. Does anyone else modify that? Pardon that I haven't looked at the code for it, but with other things auth/perms-related I'd want to handle it with care.
Thanks, Allister

Maxim Ermilov

Aug 17, 2017, 11:06:46 PM8/17/17
to simian-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> We really want to start taking advantage of Munki3, which works fine with Simian 2.5 as-is in our testing.

We are testing it.
if everything goes well, I will bump version in few weeks.

> so we also would need a new version of mcrypto.

done.

_____
Maxim

Allister Banks

Sep 6, 2017, 3:52:19 PM9/6/17
to Simian Discuss
Hey there, thank you kindly for posting the new egg!
Is munki3 support further along?
Allister

_____
Maxim

Maxim Ermilov

Sep 8, 2017, 11:54:47 AM9/8/17
to simian-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is munki3 support further along?

After limited testing, seems simian work fine with latest munki release.
I just bumped version in Makefile.

_____
Maxim