Upgrade of Simian is failing w/ new dmg

Josh M

Nov 14, 2017, 12:24:10 PM11/14/17
to Simian Discuss
Today I did a git pull and updated to the current stable munki build.  I ran make dmg and it failed, so I tried sudo make dmg.  That failed but when I tried the original make dmg it seems to have worked.  I just tried installing it on my computer and its saying the installation failed.

In the console I found this error.
Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “simian.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Volumes/Simian%201/simian.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.google.code.simian.and.munkitools, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “simian.pkg”.} {
    NSFilePath = "./postinstall";
    NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201csimian.pkg\U201d.";
    NSURL = "file://localhost/Volumes/Simian%201/simian.pkg";
    PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.google.code.simian.and.munkitools";
}

My guess is it has to due w/ the the package maker building the simian.dmg file.  Anybody have a solution?

Josh M

Nov 29, 2017, 2:27:26 PM11/29/17
to Simian Discuss
Anybody have any luck making an installer for Simian 2.5 and Munki 3.  I've tried 2 computers and it fails during installation.

Allister Banks

Nov 29, 2017, 8:19:21 PM11/29/17
to simian-...@googlegroups.com
What does the log file in /tmp say? I'm thinking I need to split the pkgs so that I can test munki independently. The 'broken client' reinstall process that's triggered overwrites newer munkitools, and since the munki3 refactor that causes files that aren't replaced to leave munki in a broken state.
Allister