Backup/Restore recommendations

Allister Banks

Jan 25, 2017, 12:44:46 PM1/25/17
to Simian Discuss
What entities are valuable/worthwhile to backup? What are folks doing for a 'firedrill/update testing' process? I'm working through the process on a test instance, but was wondering if folks had guidance. Thanks,
Allister

Allister Banks

Jan 25, 2017, 6:18:11 PM1/25/17
to Simian Discuss
I'm just going to take a stab that
ApphostingContribDatastoreLock2,
AuthSession,
KeyValueCache
and ReportsCache
are not worth holding on to, and that the cron.yaml method of scheduling backups still works (even though it says 'alpha' circa 2012).

I'm still undecided on how to best firedrill this, but I'll be working on this and metrics in stackdriver/datadog soon.
Allister

Maxim Ermilov

Jan 26, 2017, 12:11:55 PM1/26/17
to simian-...@googlegroups.com
> KeyValueCache
> and ReportsCache

Better to save them.

> cron.yaml method of scheduling backups still works

we are using it.

I'm still undecided on how to best firedrill this,

Try restoring data into another cloud project (it will require correct permissions on bucket).

_____
Maxim