Java update not working

Josh M

Mar 25, 2016, 8:45:36 AM3/25/16
to Simian Discuss
Hello,

I had an old version of Java that was set up to upgrade if they had Java, but I didn't install it.  Yesterday I deleted the old version and added the current version.  When I run MSC it doesn't prompt to install the update.  I look in the logs and it says that version or newer is already installed.  Its definitely not, I removed java and put an old version on to make sure.  Any ideas?

-Josh

Dan Lockcuff

Mar 25, 2016, 9:48:13 AM3/25/16
to simian-...@googlegroups.com
Was the version of the new one higher than the old one in the plist?

This email may contain proprietary information and is meant only for the use by the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you've received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message and all copies.

Josh M

Apr 1, 2016, 10:53:13 AM4/1/16
to Simian Discuss
If was but for some reason it didn't think it was.  I deleted it out and re-added it and it worked...

Sorry for not updating sooner.

Dan Lockcuff

Apr 1, 2016, 10:58:21 AM4/1/16
to simian-...@googlegroups.com
Cool, I have had a few packages do that same thing since this last update. It seems like it doesn't register that there was a change. Glad you got it working!