Config and App Engine step

Jacob Gude

Mar 15, 2016, 7:07:41 PM3/15/16
to Simian Discuss
I'm am trying to setup a test Simian environment and am going through the setup instructions. I am stuck at the Config and App Engine step in the documentation. It says to edit the PWD/etc/simian/settings.cfg, but this path does not exist. I am running 10.11 and am wondering if SIP prevented Simian from installing this path since /etc is a private folder now. Has anyone been successful in creating the Simian App in 10.11?

Thank you,
Jacob Gude

Justin McWilliams

Mar 16, 2016, 9:29:22 AM3/16/16
to Simian Discuss
"PWD" refers to the "working directory".  If your Git client is in /Users/foouser/simian/, then you'd want to look at /Users/foouser/simian/etc/simian/settings.cfg.

Does that help?

Jacob Gude

Mar 16, 2016, 9:43:20 AM3/16/16
to simian-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Justin,
Thanks for your response. I figured it was in the Simian folder, I guess my eyes were hurting at the time because I did not see the /etc directory in the simian folder. I see it now.

Thanks,
Jacob

Love, embracing all beings: small and
great, far and near, be it on earth, in