First client deployed but Simian reports "No clients were found"

Nathan Perkins

Jul 10, 2016, 7:21:41 AM7/10/16
to Simian Discuss
Hello,

I've deployed my first client successfully and it downloaded a package from the manifest, but AppleSUS seems to be failing and I don't see any clients in Simian. On the dashboard, it shows "no clients were found"

I've tried changing AppleSUS.py to only include 10.11 and I've manually run the AppleSUS cron job, which was successful.

DEBUG:root:MunkiDownloadError getting Apple SUS catalog: HTTP result 404: not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/munki/simian/lib/python2.7/site-packages/simian-2.4-py2.7.egg/simian/mac/client/flight_common.py", line 538, in GetAppleSUSCatalog
    '%s/applesus/' % url, APPLE_SUS_CATALOG)
  File "/usr/local/munki/munkilib/updatecheck.py", line 3519, in getResourceIfChangedAtomically
    verify=verify)
  File "/usr/local/munki/munkilib/fetch.py", line 300, in getResourceIfChangedAtomically
    message=message, resume=resume, follow_redirects=follow_redirects)
  File "/usr/local/munki/munkilib/fetch.py", line 413, in getHTTPfileIfChangedAtomically
    raise GurlDownloadError(err)
GurlDownloadError: HTTP result 404: not found
DEBUG:root:Preflight completed successfully.
copy-of-os-x---el-capitan:simian administrator$

Terminal Saved Output.txt

Nathan Perkins

Jul 10, 2016, 7:37:32 AM7/10/16
to Simian Discuss
Other people have mentioned an option to select active clients but I don't see anything on the summary page. I think something is broken for me.

I've attached a screenshot
Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 4.36.23 AM.png

Nathan Perkins

Jul 10, 2016, 2:54:04 PM7/10/16
to Simian Discuss

Nevermind, the cron job for caching the summary hadn't run yet. The learning process for setting this up isn't quite as smooth as munki :)

I'm going to leave my growing pains up on the board in case it can help somebody else.
Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 11.50.30 AM.png