autopkg integration via GCS and pkginfo form upload

Allister Banks

Nov 8, 2016, 9:30:32 PM11/8/16
to Simian Discuss
Hey there, just letting y'all know that I'm now looking at making an autopkg processor which 1. runs gsutil to push the dmg (assuming a configured GCS bucket) and 2. uses oauth creds to POST the pkginfo to /admin/package. I understand that's not currently a publicly exposed API, shall I open an issue for that feature request?
Allister

Allister Banks

Jan 26, 2017, 11:43:17 AM1/26/17
to Simian Discuss
Ok, I finally have a testing instance with GCS on the backend configured, but I'm not seeing in the entity information for the pkginfo how it manages/points to the GCS-stored item, which seems to have an unrelated identifier from the blobstore key when I go through a manual upload. Any pointers?

Maxim Ermilov

Jan 26, 2017, 12:21:10 PM1/26/17
to simian-...@googlegroups.com
> it manages/points to the GCS-stored item, which seems to have an unrelated identifier from the blobstore

Blobstore key can point to cloud storage.

More details:
Using the Blobstore API with Google Cloud Storage

_____
Maxim

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 11:43 AM, 'Allister Banks' via Simian Discuss <simian-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Ok, I finally have a testing instance with GCS on the backend configured, but I'm not seeing in the entity information for the pkginfo how it manages/points to the GCS-stored item, which seems to have an unrelated identifier from the blobstore key when I go through a manual upload. Any pointers?

Allister Banks

Jan 26, 2017, 1:46:59 PM1/26/17
to Simian Discuss
Pardon me, I wasn't being clear about my exact goal and next steps: I'm trying to upload directly to GCS without AppEngine/Simian in a way where when Simian goes to serve the item to clients the package gets recognized from the Datastore/GCS metadata. As much as possible, I'd also like to upload the associated pkginfo as well.
I'm hoping to integrate this into the autopkg tool, which can both fetch updates and generate the pkginfo on a Mac with munkitools installed.
Allister

Allister Banks

Jan 26, 2017, 10:08:31 PM1/26/17
to Simian Discuss
OK, so it's pretty basic to write a pkginfo entity into the datastore and have it show up in the GUI, so I think I can figure out how to hand off from autopkg's munki output. The tricky part comes in when trying to get the pkg uploaded and have the blobstore key reference point to the related item in a GCS bucket... code like this makes me think it existed in the pre-1.0 version of the simianadmin CLI tools. Still trying!
Allister

Allister Banks

Jun 8, 2017, 1:06:07 AM6/8/17
to Simian Discuss