error: Not a URL, existing file, or requirement spec: '/simian_M2Crypto-*-py2.7-macosx-10.11*.egg'

Aceshigh

Jul 13, 2016, 9:56:35 AM7/13/16
to Simian Discuss
10.11.5
Python 2.7

Hi Everyone,

I am in the middle of trying to deploy simian with not much luck
running sudo make dmg or sudo make test I get the result of this

for egg in \

M2Crypto-0.22.3-py2.7-macosx-10.9-intel.egg \

M2Crypto-0.22.3-py2.7-macosx-10.10-intel.egg \

M2Crypto-0.22.3-py2.7-macosx-10.11-intel.egg ; do \

[[ -f "simian_${egg}" ]] || curl -o "simian_${egg}" "https://storage.googleapis.com/m2crypto_eggs/${egg}" ; \

done

/usr/local/bin/python2.7 -c 'import virtualenv; exit(virtualenv.__version__ != "13.1.2")' || \

(sudo easy_install-2.7 -U virtualenv==13.1.2 && \

sudo easy_install-2.7 -U setuptools==18.6.1)

[ -d VE ] || \

/usr/local/bin/python2.7 /usr/local/bin/virtualenv --no-site-packages VE

[ -f test ] || \

VE/bin/python VE/bin/easy_install-2.7 ""/simian_M2Crypto-*-py2.7-macosx-10.11*.egg && \

env SIMIAN_CONFIG_PATH="/etc/simian/" \

VE/bin/python setup.py google_test && touch test && \

echo ALL TESTS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

error: Not a URL, existing file, or requirement spec: '/simian_M2Crypto-*-py2.7-macosx-10.11*.egg'

make: *** [test] Error 1

has anyone come across this? or can point me to the correct logs to figure this out?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kevin Murimi

Mar 2, 2017, 4:38:15 AM3/2/17
to Simian Discuss
This is probably coz you used sudo make dmg. Just run make dmg instead

Jesse Murphy

Mar 23, 2017, 2:36:42 PM3/23/17
to Simian Discuss
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue...

Jesse Murphy

Mar 23, 2017, 2:44:36 PM3/23/17
to Simian Discuss
And no. It makes no difference if you run it with or without sudo.

Maxim Ermilov

Mar 23, 2017, 3:12:59 PM3/23/17
to simian-...@googlegroups.com
Did you ever figure this out?
This can only happen if $PWD is empty.

Can provide output for "echo $PWD"?

Thanks,
Maxim

Jesse Murphy

Mar 23, 2017, 4:15:05 PM3/23/17
to Simian Discuss
Thanks for the response!

The output I'm showing is: /Users/username/simian

This is the location of my source, and the file referenced is definitely there.

I'm just trying to run the make test right now.

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Jesse Murphy <je...@ironheights.com> wrote:
And no. It makes no difference if you run it with or without sudo.

On Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 1:38:15 AM UTC-8, Kevin Murimi wrote:
This is probably coz you used sudo make dmg. Just run make dmg instead

Jesse Murphy

Mar 23, 2017, 4:32:36 PM3/23/17
to Simian Discuss
I may have just solved my own problem.

I moved the simian source into my Downloads directory where I did not need to use sudo. It seems to be running now and resolving the rest of the dependencies.

Jesse Murphy

Mar 23, 2017, 5:07:31 PM3/23/17
to Simian Discuss
Almost...

Now I'm getting an error that: "The headers or library files could not be found for jpeg, a required dependency when compiling Pillow from source."

This comes after a bunch of warnings about no previously-included files found matching...

I've even tried installing Pillow through pip and it doesn't resolve the issues.

Maxim Ermilov

Mar 23, 2017, 6:34:09 PM3/23/17
to simian-...@googlegroups.com
I've even tried installing Pillow through pip and it doesn't resolve the issues.

Try installing libjpeg via homebrew.

_____
Maxim

Jesse Murphy

Mar 23, 2017, 10:15:27 PM3/23/17
to Simian Discuss
Thanks, that did the trick!

Maybe one of you guys can answer a related question for me about the build, regarding the certs for Simian.

The Wiki doesn't make this clear, but do I need to put the certs in the /etc/simian/ssl folder BEFORE the build, or do the server and client certs get added AFTER it's build and running in the cloud?

Jesse Murphy

Mar 23, 2017, 11:41:42 PM3/23/17
to Simian Discuss
Got it running, but it doesn't like my server_private_key.pem. I followed the instructions with openssl exactly as shown in the Wiki, but my private key does not have the "BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY" header, only "BEGIN PRIVATE KEY". Will I have to regenerate all my certs? And how, if the instructions aren't correct to begin with?

da...@thoughtmachine.net

Mar 27, 2017, 7:08:20 AM3/27/17
to Simian Discuss
I had similar fun to this and it took me a while to untangle what the various cert instructions do in terms of final build (the folder and before and after the build).
From my understanding, the inclusion of certs into /etc/simian/ssl is for inclusion in client packages so they have the bits of certs needed to talk to the first stage of Simian's auth.  Uploading them to the server I did via the simian GUI .

I had also had an with my pem files, but in my case it stemmed from having ahem having copied the wrong file to server_private_key.pem - so worth double checking that.. Having said that, yours sounds like it's definitely a private key file and just not RSA. I used existing puppet certs so can't compare method directly, but not sure if at the cert generation part you can force it to RSA?