Appspot login logs

Josh M

Jun 29, 2016, 10:17:50 AM6/29/16
to Simian Discuss
Morning,

Is there anyway to see logs for who has signed into our Appspot page? I have admins defined and only they can see the page, but I would like to have a log if they connect.  Even if they don't change anything.  Does it already exist?

-Joshua

Justin McWilliams

Jun 29, 2016, 11:04:32 AM6/29/16
to Simian Discuss
This doesn't exist as a feature of Simian, but you can use the GCP Console ->  Logging -> Export to dump access logs to Bigquery, Google Cloud Storage, or Cloud Pub/Sub.  From there you should be able to craft a query to determine the set of unique users.  Notice, however, that all user-less Munki client requests are logged the same, and you logging retention may not reach to your desired date.

If you want to file a feature request on GitHub, others could express interest and we could consider building it more usable feature.

- Justin