Issue with PackageCompleteURL as Optional

Chris Whittle

Jul 23, 2015, 12:47:06 PM7/23/15
to Simian Discuss
We went off the discussion (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/simian-discuss/5eGQc8Qm_X4)
and while the Google Docs option isn't working still we setup an EC2 instance to host our 5GB+ files.

It seems to work just fine if it's a managed_update or managed_install but if it's optional it works eventually.

If you click the install option in Managed Update Software it goes to Unavailable and never changes (even with reboot)
but then if you click on the Updates tab it seems to go ahead and install.

Any ideas?

Justin McWilliams

Jul 23, 2015, 4:14:50 PM7/23/15
to simian-...@googlegroups.com
Honestly, I'm not very familiar with Managed Software Center (the replacement for what used to be Managed Software Update).  It seems when you select an optional install, it kicks off the download/install immediately in the background.  It appears to me that the Updates tab is merely a UI for that background work, but clicking it doesn't kickstart any processes from what I can tell.

So, you're seeing what I described for most packages, but *must* click Updates to kick off installs for any packages where PackageCompleteURL is specified?

Chris Whittle

Jul 23, 2015, 5:03:37 PM7/23/15
to simian-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah it's sporadic though... I had one that just downloaded the Yosemite update but it never showed it as an update and when she tried to install something else it to try to coax it to install it then started the download again...  It's crazy..

The 5 gig boundary is killing us lately.