Downloading translation yml file from getlocalization

shmayek

Jun 6, 2012, 2:58:42 PM6/6/12
to silverstripe...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How can I download yml translation file from getlocalization? Do I need to be a member of sapphire or silverstripe_cms project? I've translated whole cms to polish and I need to check the translation.

shmayek

Ingo Schommer

Jun 8, 2012, 8:47:14 AM6/8/12
to silverstripe...@googlegroups.com
I've talked to Jacek via Skype, unfortunately getlocalization doesn't provide downloads
unless you're a project admin (which I previously missed).
There's no user management in the free version of getlocalization,
so unfortunately I can't give this permission to you guys.

I'm working on a script to download the files and automatically commit
them to a git branch of the relevant modules, most likely hourly.
This way you can view the diffs of changes straight on github,
and download individual files from there.
From that point, we can periodically merge in changes to master as well.

Thanks so much for helping out, it's really appreciated!
And Jacek, good luck with soccer! I hope Germany survives the first round... :)

Ingo

ingo.schommer

Jun 25, 2012, 9:21:03 AM6/25/12
to silverstripe...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys and gals! We've finally got the automated translation downloads going.

We strongly encourage that translators test their translations in the actual interface,
because that's currently the only way to see the changes in context.
Since we push new translations hourly to github, this is now simply a matter
of downloading a file from the github web interface, as described here:

Please let me know if this process works for you,
or if you have any suggestions to improve it.

Thanks
Ingo