SilverStripe Shop Version 1.0.0 Released - oh snap!

Jeremy Shipman

Jan 12, 2015, 6:58:51 PM1/12/15
to silverstrip...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Just a quick announcement to say I’ve tagged shop version 1.0.0.

Today isn’t a particularly special day. I’ve previously had some un-founded hesitation to tag releases. If there are any cons to releasing, I think they are outweighed by the pros. Whilst I think in my mind, and when I look at Travis CI / Scruitinizer logs, that the module is fairly stable, I know there’s always going to be something else wrong. That’s what 1.0.1 is for. By starting to tag/release more often, there will be reference points to see where your code is vs where the project is.

I also think the lack of a composer “stable” tag gives the perception that the module is unstable. The module is actually being used in production by some significant sites.

I like that SilverStripe core team has agreed to start using semantic versioning, and I hope that as a maintainer I can successfully do the same with the shop module.

Here’s the main improvements since 0.8 / 0.9:

 * Upgraded to SilverStripe version 3.
 * Switched from Payment module to Omnipay module.
 * Single form and multi-step checkout system.
 * Documentation has been updated.
 * Many shop sub-modules have been developed and updated and improved in conjunction with this release. Check them out on the README: https://github.com/burnbright/silverstripe-shop/blob/master/README.md#add-on-sub-modules

I enjoy working on the shop module, with help from a bunch of talented and friendly developers. Thanks for all your support and contributions.

Regards,
Jeremy

Jamie Barker

Jan 12, 2015, 7:16:10 PM1/12/15
to silverstrip...@googlegroups.com
No pants party! just cos we can ;)

  q-p
 /\"/\
(`=*=') JAMIE BARKER
 ^---^`-._

   P: +64 3 338 2482
   Skype: jam.dog

Mark Guinn

Jan 13, 2015, 6:49:23 AM1/13/15
to silverstrip...@googlegroups.com
Great news, Jeremy! Thanks for all your hard work.
Mark