new theme for e-commerce

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up

Jul 2, 2012, 1:54:23 AM7/2/12
to Silverstripe Ecommerce
Hi

I have tried to apply the simple theme to e-commerce:

Note that this shows the e-commerce module with a modified "simple" theme (https://github.com/sunnysideup/silverstripe-simple) but without any simple_ecommerce modifications. In other words, you can load e-commerce, add the (modified) simple theme and what you will see is the link above...

I'd be keen to get your feedback.

--
Nicolaas

Josua

Jul 2, 2012, 6:55:14 AM7/2/12
to silverstrip...@googlegroups.com, n...@sunnysideup.co.nz
Hi Nicolaas!

I loved it. Very simple and effective. Everything works perfectly.
Congratulations.

Is this a prelude for compatibility with SilverStripe 3? ;-)
For when multicurrency? :-)
I can ask for more, but I refrain. :-)

Thanks,
Regards,
Jose

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up

Jul 2, 2012, 7:21:20 AM7/2/12
On 2 July 2012 22:55, Josua <sup...@sendasoft.com> wrote:
Hi Nicolaas!

I loved it. Very simple and effective. Everything works perfectly.
Congratulations.

thank you... typography concept needs a bit of work...  I think only some people apply this typography trick as it was originally intended.  it is no a well-known system.

Here is the typography test page: silverstripe-ecommerce.com/typo/settheme/simple/

Is this a prelude for compatibility with SilverStripe 3? ;-)

A first step.... but SS3.0 is still going to be a major mission.... what we really need is a super find -> replace list + we need to see where we can use SS3.0 concepts

For when multicurrency? :-)
I can ask for more, but I refrain. :-)

should be done in the next two weeks.

feel free to ask for more...

Josua

Jul 2, 2012, 1:27:00 PM7/2/12
to silverstrip...@googlegroups.com, n...@sunnysideup.co.nz

Here is the typography test page: silverstripe-ecommerce.com/typo/settheme/simple/

Impressive. :-)

A first step.... but SS3.0 is still going to be a major mission.... what we really need is a super find -> replace list + we need to see where we can use SS3.0 concepts

The first step would be to achieve compatibility simple:  Reconcile the new features of the templates and support for the GridField.
That alone would give a lot of play. :-)

For when multicurrency? :-)
I can ask for more, but I refrain. :-)

should be done in the next two weeks.

Great. Thank you very much .

Regards,
Jose

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up

Jul 2, 2012, 10:24:39 PM7/2/12
to silverstrip...@googlegroups.com
Jose,

just remember...

Johan Cruijf trained and coached all of the Spanish players...

I am sure it hurt in Italy when they got trashed like that.

Congrats

:-)

Josua

Jul 3, 2012, 6:48:38 AM7/3/12