Sorting fields in CMS

Michael van Schaik

Feb 20, 2015, 3:00:04 AM2/20/15
to silverstripe-d.
Hi all,

While using multiple extensions hooking into UpdateCMSfields, I find it hard to control the order of the fields that get inserted. There's the usual insertbefore/after functionality etc, but I think extensions get processed in alphabetical order (?), so I sometimes end up with a seemingly random list of fields in the CMS.

Are there any existing methods/modules for solving this? I'm thinking about maybe developing a module that gets processed last of all e.g. 'zzzortfields' and sorts any fields based on some yml config. Am I right that extensions on the same object get called in order of yaml config addition, and/or alphabetically/in order of declaration/something else?

g4b0

Feb 20, 2015, 6:08:09 AM2/20/15
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
That was a question I asked in 2013, I also provided a PR:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/silverstripe-dev/p57kKUz39V0/uQWiMQxhkFwJ