Silverstripe crashes in firefox

Opticblaze

Jun 21, 2014, 3:19:52 AM6/21/14
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Dont know if this is the right place for this. But has anyone else found that Silverstripe 3  crashes an incredible amount in Firefox 30? Seems to only happen when the save and publish button is pressed.

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up

Jun 21, 2014, 3:47:04 AM6/21/14
to silverstripe-dev
Hi

Probably not the right place... Try the forum or the IRC channel. Also, people will ask you what version of Silverstripe (e.g. 3.1.5?) or is it with all 3+ versions?

Nicolaas

On 21 June 2014 19:19, Opticblaze <web_m...@opticblaze.co.za> wrote:
Hi,

Dont know if this is the right place for this. But has anyone else found that Silverstripe 3  crashes an incredible amount in Firefox 30? Seems to only happen when the save and publish button is pressed.

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken
  www.sunnysideup.co.nz
  phone: +64221697577

Zauberfisch

Jun 21, 2014, 5:56:19 AM6/21/14
to silverst...@googlegroups.com

good morning,

same here, firefox crashes quiet often, I was not sure what it was
until you reported it, because I usually have several javascript heavy
tabs open.

Nicolaas is right, there is a better place for this, but I'd say its
the bug tracker.
Thus I have just created an issue on github:
https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/issues/3226

On 2014-06-21 07:47, Nicolaas Thiemen Francken - Sunny Side Up wrote:
> Hi
>
> Probably not the right place... Try the forum or the IRC channel.
> Also, people will ask you what version of Silverstripe (e.g.
> 3.1.5?) or is it with all 3+ versions?
>
> Nicolaas
>

> On 21 June 2014 19:19, Opticblaze <web_m...@opticblaze.co.za
> <mailto:web_m...@opticblaze.co.za>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Dont know if this is the right place for this. But has anyone else
> found that Silverstripe 3 crashes an incredible amount in Firefox
> 30? Seems to only happen when the save and publish button is
> pressed.
>

> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "SilverStripe Core Development" group. To unsubscribe
> from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> silverstripe-d...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:silverstripe-d...@googlegroups.com>. To post to
> this group, send email to silverst...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:silverst...@googlegroups.com>. Visit this group at
> visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

> -- Nicolaas Thiemen Francken www.sunnysideup.co.nz
> <http://www.sunnysideup.co.nz> phone: +64221697577
>
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "SilverStripe Core Development" group. To unsubscribe
> from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> silverstripe-d...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:silverstripe-d...@googlegroups.com>. To post to
> this group, send email to silverst...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:silverst...@googlegroups.com>. Visit this group at

Martimiz

Jun 21, 2014, 6:07:57 AM6/21/14
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
This issue has already been reported on the forums by several other people: http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/61804

Also it seems lots of people in other areas have similar issues with FireFox 29 and 30. So it might not be a SilverStripe issue per se...

Cam Findlay

Jun 21, 2014, 6:42:44 PM6/21/14
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Correct, I looked into this over the last week.

Firefox BaselineJIT is causing the issue which is fixed currently in FF31 beta - so options are to 1) Update to beta and wait for stable 31 to come out or 2) Downgrade to FF28 prior to the changes to BaselineJIT

There has been a lot of reports about this and crash reports filed with FireFox recently (not just SilverStripe related).

I posted out via twitter, facebook and forums about it, I might look to do so again in the coming week to make sure everyone knows about the issue and can take steps to get a fix before stable FF31 comes out.

Hope that helps

Shaun de Greeff

Jun 22, 2014, 5:40:20 PM6/22/14
to silverst...@googlegroups.com

thanks...updated to beta version...works well

Cam Findlay

Jun 22, 2014, 8:31:04 PM6/22/14
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Looks like FF31 is due for release this week, hopefully this fixes this issue.

Cam Findlay

Jun 23, 2014, 5:38:45 AM6/23/14
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
My bad, misread that roadmap, FF31 stable is due out 22 July.