PHPSpec membership in FIG

Christopher Pitt

Nov 24, 2015, 2:14:52 PM11/24/15
to SilverStripe Core Development
Hi everyone,

PHPSpec wants to join PHP-FIG, and I was wondering what the general feeling is for a +1. It's not typically used in SilverStripe modules, but it is well known and used elsewhere.

Kind regards
Chris

Sam Minnée

Nov 24, 2015, 3:28:16 PM11/24/15
to SilverStripe Core Development
While not as popular as PHPUnit, PHPSpec looks like another significant project in the testing space (it has about 1/4 the packagist daily downloads of PHPUnit).

I think that it's good for FIG to have >1 representatives from each class of application, so having PHPSpec alongside PHPUnit would help, e.g. if PSRs around testing were to emerge.

I'd support a +1 vote.