Project - Improve Facebook Integration

Ujjwal Arora

Mar 23, 2012, 4:58:42 AM3/23/12
to SilverStripe Core Development
Hello sir,

As I have introduced myself earlier, I am a Computer Engineering
student from Delhi Technological University ( formely Delhi College of
Engineering ), Delhi.
I was introduced to SilverStripe around 3 months ago and since then, I
am using it a lot.
I find it more comfortable and convinient than other CMS like wp or
drupal.

I recently saw the project "Improve Facebook Integration" in the GSoC
2012 google doc.
sir, I am proficient in integration of facebook with websites , having
good knowledge of Facebook Javascipt SDK as well as PHP SDK's.
I have done quite a lot projects using facebook API's. I'll soon
upload it to my website.....its currently down for a reason.

@Philipp Krenn : sir, I am keen to learn more about this project, pls
help me.

I have made myself familiar with the goals :

-- Automatically copy content (text, images, videos, events, and
comments) from a Facebook profile or wall and integrate it into a
SilverStripe site.

-- Provide a similar functionality for the other direction -- content
posted on a SilverStripe site should automatically be pushed to
Facebook

-- Integrate Facebook photo albums into a SilverStripe site

-- Use Facebook comments on a SilverStripe page (including the
avatar)

-- Possibly extend Will’s module for profile management in
SilverStripe (trying to reuse as much information from Facebook
as possible), only in this direction

Thanks
Ujjwal

xeraa

Mar 24, 2012, 5:07:35 PM3/24/12
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ujjwal,

@Philipp Krenn : sir, I am keen to learn more about this project, pls
help me.

I have made myself familiar with the goals :

 -- Automatically copy content (text, images, videos, events, and
comments) from a Facebook profile or    wall and integrate it into a
SilverStripe site.

 -- Provide a similar functionality for the other direction -- content
posted on a SilverStripe site should     automatically be pushed to
Facebook

 -- Integrate Facebook photo albums into a SilverStripe site

 -- Use Facebook comments on a SilverStripe page (including the
avatar)

 -- Possibly extend Will’s module for profile management in
SilverStripe (trying to reuse as much       information from Facebook
as possible), only in this direction

Ok, this is the list I've posted - now you need to convince us that you're the right person to implement this.

Do you intend to pack everything into a single module or how do you want to split it up?
How do you want to integrate this into SilverStripe (eg. there's a button for pulling data from Facebook into your SilverStripe site or it's done automatically by a cron job)?
What possible problems do you see?
How does your schedule look like?
Do you have any additional ideas on what to implement?
How are other projects doing this?

And so on. There should be more details on how you want to do this. There is another pretty good thread on this project, where the author goes into more detail and has added his own ideas. That's what we're looking for: your input and ideas! Convince us us ;-)

Cheers,
Philipp