Very slow performance in shared host (Rackspace)

frooga...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2013, 6:22:27 AM12/16/13
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm getting very slow load times using SilverStripe 3.1.2, taking between 8 - 30 seconds per page load.

- It's not the database, queries are running fast (profiled using ?showqueries)
- It's not the server, it appears well spec'd
- I can't install xDebug or XHprof, and don't have shell access.
- I'm guessing it *might* be the tmp file caching & load balancing, since it's on a shared host with a load balancer. However, it's not building the database every request
- It's worth noting that the silverstripe-cache/ folder has been created in the root of the site, I'm guessing because it couldn't be created anywhere else...

Has anyone experienced this on Rackspace specifically? It's the first time I've come across, and I've used SilverStripe on both shared and VPS hosting.

I have recommended a VPS to the client, but for now I'm stuck with this....any tips?

Cheers,
Dan

Daniel Hensby

Dec 16, 2013, 7:25:31 AM12/16/13