memcache help

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken

Dec 4, 2016, 5:37:57 PM12/4/16
to silverstripe-dev
Hi,

I just posted this question on stack overflow:

There is clearly something wrong, but I am not sure how to solve it.  I did read about having a uniform size cache item, but that is obviously not so easy.

I also found one of my cached items to be binary, which was rather strange.

I have been doing a lot of learning with the SS cache system - this is all fairly new to m ;-)

I will hopefully be able to write up a few pointers in a few weeks, but for now I would love some help!

Thank you

--
Nicolaas

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken

Dec 8, 2016, 5:09:45 AM12/8/16
to silverstripe-dev
I have had a further look at this and it seems that there are some issues with the SS_Cache that can slow down your site:

The issues are:

1. cross pollination between sites
2. random / frequent clears of caches (to be confirmed) and related matters

--
Nicolaas Thiemen Francken
  www.sunnysideup.co.nz