On safari for 2 months

Cam Findlay

Apr 25, 2016, 11:27:49 PM4/25/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Not the browser... not driving across the African plains...

I'm going on safari in the New Zealand Government for 2 months (May/June)! (Should I be this excited?)

Well, it's a secondment really, to help out with putting together a useful Open Source licensing framework to help the public sector here release their code and generally contribute to Open Source better.

A big thanks to SilverStripe Ltd. for supporting me to go do this work :)

What this means is that I might not be as responsive over that time period on community stuff and rest assured we have staff here that will be helping out for me while I'm out flying the Open Source community flag in Government here in New Zealand. Any issues you'd normally send to me, please use the comm...@silverstripe.org email address during this period.

Look after each other and I'll be back soon with a small win for open source in the public sector which benefits us all who work in this space.

C.

David Alexander

Apr 26, 2016, 2:10:31 PM4/26/16
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Should be an interesting experience carrying the OSS torch into govt. Enjoy and good luck! Talk to you upon your return :)

D.

Cam Findlay

Jul 3, 2016, 9:32:42 PM7/3/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Hi all,

I'm back from government land and helping them do open source licensing better...

The new open source policy I helped consult on and write up should be published in the next few weeks.

Happy to be back (^^)/

Cam