theme finder vs module groups

Nicolaas Thiemen Francken

May 1, 2018, 7:32:14 PM5/1/18
to silverstripe-dev
Hi Devs,

As part of the work on http://ssmods.com (an alternatively themed version of addons that hopefully makes it easier to discover themes and modules) - we are considering three options to work on this year:

(a) an online Silverstripe theme viewer, which allows you to preview any SS theme so that you can pick a precoded theme for your next project.

(we have not really looked into it, but it seems pretty useful).

OR

(b) expanding the work on topics.ssmods.com where you can find "hand-sorted" modules by area of interest (e.g. blogs, google maps, grid field addons, dev tools, etc...).

(The current status of this project is that we have only sorted a few modules.  We urgently need to make an easier "sorter" to make it faster and more fun - especially so that some module owners will help us group their own modules.  Eventually the sorting will flow back into ssmods.com so that you can find modules by area of interest and filter / search at the same time).

OR

(c) make http://docs.ssmods.com/ a bit friendlier on the eye and expand the searchability / details / etc...
(http://docs.ssmods.com/ provides an API to any SS module, it is pretty basic right now)

My Questions: would any options listed above be useful to you?

Any other ideas / feedback / comments are also welcome, of course.

Thank you

Nicolaas