RFC Replace Zend_Locale with new i18n backend

Damian Mooyman

Oct 17, 2016, 7:52:59 PM10/17/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Hello everyone,

Please note that there is now a new RFC on the github issues which addresses replacement of the existing zend-based i18n SilverStripe functionality.

This follows on from an earlier discussion around an upgrade to a later zend version. At this time, we are looking to expand the scope of this to include non-zend based solutions as well.

I have posted some sample solutions that could be investigated, and am accepting suggestions on other backends that could be used.

Thanks again and I'm looking forward to your feedback. :)

Kind regards,

Damian Mooyman