Welcome, Aaron and Stevie!

Sam Minnée

Apr 19, 2016, 6:30:01 AM4/19/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Hi everyone,

After years of contributions to the SilverStripe open source project and community, I am extremely pleased to announce that we have 2 new people joining the SilverStripe core committers team.

Aaron Carlino, better known to many as Uncle Cheese, is no stranger to most of us: whether you found out of him first through Kick Assets, Data Object Manager, or the mellifluous narration of the SilverStripe Lessons series, Aaron's passion for helping developers make better sites more enjoyably with SilverStripe shows in all areas of his work.

Stevie Mayhew, who cut his SilverStripe teeth at Heyday and has been more recently working at Little Giant, has also been an active contributor of modules released by both companies, as well as educating us all about when not to use some of SilverStripe's most common features. https://vimeo.com/119727130

As well as modules and other community involvement, both Aaron and Stevie have had significant contribution to core project as well, and we are looking forward to working with them more closely in this new role.

Thanks everyone, and welcome aboard, Aaron and Stevie!

Thanks,
Sam

PS: Who wants to merge their welcoming pull request? :-) https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/pull/5344

--
Sam Minnée
CEO

Daniel Hensby

Apr 19, 2016, 7:42:03 AM4/19/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Great to have you (even more) on board!

Mark Muller

Apr 19, 2016, 11:25:29 AM4/19/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Congrats to all the above! below! …

Jonathon Menz

Apr 19, 2016, 12:02:23 PM4/19/16
to SilverStripe Core Development
Great news, welcome guys!

Patrick Nelson

Apr 19, 2016, 1:08:39 PM4/19/16
to silverst...@googlegroups.com
Welcome! I could have sworn old Uncle Cheese was already a core committer, so I bet this was a long time coming anyway.