Estimate VO2 Max

Black Larry

Nov 1, 2013, 11:31:44 AM11/1/13
to silverci...@googlegroups.com
I found an interesting article on a quick ad easy VO2 max estimate. I'd be interested in how close this is to actual for those of you that have had your numbers evaluated by testing. Take a look. The only real data you need is resting HR and you can easily get that by taking your HR in the morning right when you wake up while still in bed. There is one question about exercise intensity that is a little vague. I doubt anyone (except Sorensen) goes "all out" all the time. You can average the numbers you get by taking the test twice and using the two highest exercise intensity levels.

Michael Farb

Nov 3, 2013, 7:59:03 AM11/3/13
to silverci...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for sharing that Larry, it was interesting to run my numbers on the calculator just to establish a baseline. The results made sense, especially noticed how shrinking the spare tire has a most profound effect in the equation. I found this link helpful to define VO2 max norms.

Eric and Barb Eng

Nov 3, 2013, 9:31:47 PM11/3/13
to silverci...@googlegroups.com
I must have doe it wrong, I have a VO1 max.

Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 04:59:03 -0800
From: gilaf...@gmail.com
To: silverci...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Estimate VO2 Max