Re: [SiliconBeach] Digest for silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

21 просмотр

jhel...@gmail.com

не прочитано,
31 янв. 2017 г., 07:38:2331.01.2017
– silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
That's one expensive hackathon. Fun, but expensive

Tell you what-- you find some pals to pay for the gear and
I can help get a bunch of quality peeps to give it a go.

Cheers

Sent on the go with Vodafone

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SiliconBeach] Digest for silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic
From: silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
To: Digest recipients
CC:

drllau <drlawr...@gmail.com>: Jan 30 07:43AM -0800

> So...some solid points there about the criticality of the power
source..certainly for military purposes.
Military always have headaches with logistics as fuel supplies are always
an Archilles heel ... as the Germans found out in WW2. Any domestic
solution (at least for the filthy rich) can probably put in an floor-grid
for inductive charging (if on heel, lower centre of gravity) so you can get
away with parasitic energy harvesting for low-powered sensors and just
continually recharge your capacitors. Of course the $$/kWhr is not cheap
but then most new technology tends to target the well-off initially. I fear
decent exo-skeletons will wait for radical energy conversion breakthroughs
otherwise the MechWarrior is going to be the norm for military.

[image: Image result for energy storage density comparison]

>people who are physically strong can now be matched (potentially) by
people with lower lifting capacity
there's actually a surplus of unskilled labor (globally) so the target
domain would be areas where robotics don't have the task flexibility or
where skilled powered micro control (orthopedic surgery?) is necessary as
compared with gross movements

> As regards an Aussie exoskeleton startup play...hmmmm...love to hear of
any movement in this space.....
I suspect the capital limitations for hard-core engineering are against the
odds as Australia doesn't have DARPA equivalent.

Lawrence
http://www.linkedin.com/in/drllau

On Sunday, 29 January 2017 20:25:30 UTC-5, Liam O'Duibhir, Director,
SoccerFit wrote:
Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать