Congrats to Elias on his new role

kimheras

Jun 3, 2011, 7:38:48 PM6/3/11
to Silicon Beach Australia
Just wanted to be the first to jump on and congratulate Silicon Beach
Google Group founder Elias Bizannes on his new role as Director,
Talent and Community at Charles River Ventures - http://www.crv.com/

I'm sure he'll be on here to fill in the details of the new role, but
it's great to see someone who is such a strong advocate of the
Australian tech startup industry take a role at a highly regarded
Valley VC.

Nice Hustling, Elias :) http://eliasbizannes.com/blog/2011/05/im-a-hustler-baby/

Elias Bizannes

Jun 3, 2011, 7:51:48 PM6/3/11
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to think I created more than just a Google group :) But thanks Kim for the kind words.

I can't say too much publicly on what I will be doing, but I can say that my new boss is George Zachary. About 12 minutes into this interview http://techcrunch.com/2011/01/21/george-zachary-on-doing-30-seed-deals-a-year-not-missing-hollywood-and-crazy-jim-clark-tctv/ George mentions the trends in venture and after an interesting chat alludes to the fact he's looking for someone to fill a role to run their seed program. Turns out that person is me :)

Elias Bizannes
http://eliasbizannes.com
Coming to a freeway near you: http://startupbus.com

silicon-beach-aus...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at

Sheng Yeo

Jun 3, 2011, 8:56:09 PM6/3/11
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Great work Elias!

Sheng Yeo
Director | Founder

Orion Virtualisation Solutions | www.orionvm.com.au | Phone: 1300 56 99 52 | Mobile: 0402 098 008 | Skype: shengyeo

Jeromy Evans

Jun 3, 2011, 9:05:37 PM6/3/11
to Silicon Beach Australia
Yeah, this is great.
I've never met Elias, but if I ever had to give a thankyou speach he'd
be mentioned.

On Jun 4, 10:56 am, Sheng Yeo <sheng....@orionvm.com.au> wrote:
> Great work Elias!
>
> *Sheng* *Yeo*
> Director | Founder
>
> *Orion Virtualisation Solutions* |www.orionvm.com.au| Phone: 1300 56 99 52
> | Mobile:0402 098 008| Skype: shengyeo
>
> On 4 June 2011 09:51, Elias Bizannes <elias.bizan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I'd like to think I created more than just a Google group :) But thanks Kim
> > for the kind words.
>
> > I can't say too much publicly on what I will be doing, but I can say that
> > my new boss is George Zachary. About 12 minutes into this interview
> >http://techcrunch.com/2011/01/21/george-zachary-on-doing-30-seed-deal...mentions the trends in venture and after an interesting chat alludes
> > to the fact he's looking for someone to fill a role to run their seed
> > program. Turns out that person is me :)
>
> > Elias Bizannes
> >http://eliasbizannes.com
> > *Coming to a freeway near you:*http://startupbus.com
>
> > On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 4:38 PM, kimheras <kimhe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Just wanted to be the first to jump on and congratulate  Silicon Beach
> >> Google Group founder Elias Bizannes on his new role as Director,
> >> Talent and Community at Charles River Ventures -http://www.crv.com/
>
> >> I'm sure he'll be on here to fill in the details of the new role, but
> >> it's great to see someone who is such a strong advocate of the
> >> Australian tech startup industry take a role at a highly regarded
> >> Valley VC.
>
> >> Nice Hustling, Elias :)
> >>http://eliasbizannes.com/blog/2011/05/im-a-hustler-baby/
>
> >> --
>
> >> Guidelines on discussion:
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/silicon-beach-australia/msg/351e183e13...
>
> >> No lurkers! It is expected that you introduce yourself.
>
> >> To post to this group, send email to
> >> silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
> >> silicon-beach-aus...@googlegroups.com
> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/silicon-beach-australia?hl=en?hl=en
>
> >  --
>
> > Guidelines on discussion:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/silicon-beach-australia/msg/351e183e13...

Nick Gonios

Jun 3, 2011, 9:09:48 PM6/3/11
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com, silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Good news Elias!  Happy to hear.

Nick Gonios

Geoff McQueen - Hiive Systems

Jun 3, 2011, 9:10:44 PM6/3/11
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Elias - you're going to rock this.

For the Aussie community, this is a big deal. Elias has been a leading light for Aussies in the Valley since before he even moved there, and his work on StartupBus and numerous other community building activities is made all the more impressive because he was doing it from his position as a CFO at a startup.

This new role injects him into the heart of an awesome venture firm, with a mandate (and presumably resources) to engage with the community even more. Given what he's done already in his *spare time*, I'm excited and kinda worried what's going to come next [it seems a bit like giving a pyro a flame thrower for christmas?] ;-)

Guidelines on discussion: http://groups.google.com/group/silicon-beach-australia/msg/351e183e1303508d?hl=en%3Fhl%3Den

Victor Tsen

Jun 4, 2011, 7:17:49 AM6/4/11
to Silicon Beach Australia
Congrats Elias! You're gonna do wonders in this new role.

Tell us more about the seed program.

On Jun 4, 7:51 am, Elias Bizannes <elias.bizan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to think I created more than just a Google group :) But thanks Kim
> for the kind words.
>
> I can't say too much publicly on what I will be doing, but I can say that my
> new boss is George Zachary. About 12 minutes into this interviewhttp://techcrunch.com/2011/01/21/george-zachary-on-doing-30-seed-deal...
> mentions the trends in venture and after an interesting chat alludes
> to the fact he's looking for someone to fill a role to run their seed
> program. Turns out that person is me :)
>
> Elias Bizanneshttp://eliasbizannes.com
> *Coming to a freeway near you:*http://startupbus.com
>

> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 4:38 PM, kimheras <kimhe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just wanted to be the first to jump on and congratulate  Silicon Beach
> > Google Group founder Elias Bizannes on his new role as Director,
> > Talent and Community at Charles River Ventures -http://www.crv.com/
>
> > I'm sure he'll be on here to fill in the details of the new role, but
> > it's great to see someone who is such a strong advocate of the
> > Australian tech startup industry take a role at a highly regarded
> > Valley VC.
>
> > Nice Hustling, Elias :)
> >http://eliasbizannes.com/blog/2011/05/im-a-hustler-baby/
>
> > --
>
> > Guidelines on discussion:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/silicon-beach-australia/msg/351e183e13...

Ned

Jun 4, 2011, 7:29:37 AM6/4/11
to Silicon Beach Australia
Though we haven't met I'm pumped with what you've done Elias.
Congrats, looking forward to seeing the product of your endeavours.

Humphrey

Jun 4, 2011, 10:16:36 AM6/4/11
to Silicon Beach Australia
Congrats Elias! Great move mate sounds really interesting. What is the
seed program going to be about? Did I read 30 investments?

On Jun 4, 9:51 am, Elias Bizannes <elias.bizan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to think I created more than just a Google group :) But thanks Kim
> for the kind words.
>
> I can't say too much publicly on what I will be doing, but I can say that my
> new boss is George Zachary. About 12 minutes into this interviewhttp://techcrunch.com/2011/01/21/george-zachary-on-doing-30-seed-deal...
> mentions the trends in venture and after an interesting chat alludes
> to the fact he's looking for someone to fill a role to run their seed
> program. Turns out that person is me :)
>
> Elias Bizanneshttp://eliasbizannes.com
> *Coming to a freeway near you:*http://startupbus.com
>

> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 4:38 PM, kimheras <kimhe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just wanted to be the first to jump on and congratulate  Silicon Beach
> > Google Group founder Elias Bizannes on his new role as Director,
> > Talent and Community at Charles River Ventures -http://www.crv.com/
>
> > I'm sure he'll be on here to fill in the details of the new role, but
> > it's great to see someone who is such a strong advocate of the
> > Australian tech startup industry take a role at a highly regarded
> > Valley VC.
>
> > Nice Hustling, Elias :)
> >http://eliasbizannes.com/blog/2011/05/im-a-hustler-baby/
>
> > --
>
> > Guidelines on discussion:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/silicon-beach-australia/msg/351e183e13...
>
> > No lurkers! It is expected that you introduce yourself.
>
> > To post to this group, send email to
> > silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com
> > silicon-beach-aus...@googlegroups.com
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/silicon-beach-australia?hl=en?hl=en- Hide quoted text -

Matthew Ho

Jun 4, 2011, 11:13:41 AM6/4/11
to Silicon Beach Australia
Awesome news Elias.

Short story about startupbus: I was at the finals at SXSW in Austin,
Texas with some other Aussies. For the after party, one of the spots
was the Driskill hotel - it was where all the tech people were hanging
out at SXSW. I spoke to a few of the startups that participated. One
of them called Elias their "spiritual leader", which I thought was an
interesting but also apt description! I believe this applies to
Silicon Beach as well!

I also spoke to one of the finalists from Flybymiles (on the Silicon
Valley bus). He mentioned that he thought that it was going to be
mostly college students participating, rather there was some serious
talent on those buses! Its only going to get better and more
competitive each year.

Cheers,

Matt Ho
Airbnb
@inspiredworlds
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/silicon-beach-australia?hl=en?hl=en-Hide quoted text -

Mick Liubinskas (Pollenizer)

Jun 4, 2011, 8:34:08 PM6/4/11
to Silicon Beach Australia
Oh dear, back to the big, safe, corporate world for Elias. What, can't
hack the startup pace? Why don't you just go back to PWC!!!!!

;-)

Congrats mate. See you in the Mission for a burrito the size of a
small car soon!

Roy Hui

Jun 5, 2011, 6:48:46 AM6/5/11
to Silicon Beach Australia
Grats Elias!

On Jun 5, 10:34 am, "Mick Liubinskas (Pollenizer)" <bigm...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> [...]

Phil M

Jun 5, 2011, 1:30:08 PM6/5/11
to Silicon Beach Australia
Great job Elias! We should try to catch up in SF in the next few
weeks, once you settle into your new role. In addition to my work at
VMware I am advising a venture fund and about to join the board of
another startup - VMware is extremely supportive of entrepreneurial
activities.

Phil Montgomery