OVO

Dean Collins

Jan 17, 2018, 4:45:05 PM1/17/18
to Silicon Beach (silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com)
Any thoughts on the Austereo deal?
https://mumbrella.com.au/southern-cross-austereo-takes-stake-telco-digital-broadcasting-startup-ovo-mobile-494240#comment-1221943

Interesting move by Austereo, you would think there is a reciprocal content agreement in the making? (Not in the press release?)

I've heard that Australian carriers don't care about zero tariff content and 'it doesn't move the needle' (and based on Ovo's existing content partners I'd have to agree) however if you look at the USA market MetroPCS has built an entire brand on it successfully so maybe Ovo is the one to change the model.

Of course for every MetroPCS......there is a failed AMP'd as well.....so maybe not.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Inc
de...@cognation.net