Unearthed Sydney - THIS WEEKEND

Mikey

Aug 18, 2016, 12:32:15 AM8/18/16
to Silicon Beach Australia
The Unearthed Sydney Hackathon is back on again this weekend with 4 big data challenges from the Australian mining and resources sector.
South32, Newcrest and the NSW Dept of Industry are hosting large sets of data for 54 hours at Unearthed, providing a great opportunity for motivated entrepreneurs, data scientists and software developers to build a real world solution.
At Unearthed we work closely with industry on understanding what challenges they are facing in the years ahead. With our knowledge of the sector and passion to connect their problems to new solutions developed by entrepreneurs and innovators in Australia's startup community, we have hosted almost 1000 participants at what will be 11 events after this weekend's Sydney Hackathon.

This weekend's Sydney event will be no different from others. Lots of prizes are on offer and as usual - all teams retain 100% of the IP they create at Unearthed. Meaning that whatever project you work on is yours to continue working on and perhaps turn into a startup itself or sell back to one of the companies. Unearthed has previously spun out startups and had several teams gain contracted (or other) work out of the hackathon events.

This is a great opportunity for anyone with a passion for the mining and resources sector, but even greater - with a passion for big data.
Take a look at the challenges that participants will be asked to work on here

The event is open for participants and observers.
Head here to get your ticket before they all sell out. Over 100 participants are already signed up:
http://bit.ly/UESydney16

Don't miss out!
Get in touch if you have any questions: mi...@unearthed.solutions